Hazel - A must for any OS X users

Default Hazel - A must for any OS X users

This may well be old hat for a lot of mac users out there but If you haven't heard of Hazel I suggest you give it a look. It's an automatic file organisation tool where you can set rules for specific folders, say moving downloaded mp3's to an unsorted music folder, or deleting old or incomplete downloads after a certain amount of time etc. All sorts of variables. It's probably the most useful application I've come across in a long time during a recent drive to organise my music collection better. It's about $20 to buy but IMO well worth it, there's a 14 day trial so you can try it out before you buy anyway.

Just thought it would be really useful to a lot of users on here so thought i'd make a thread since I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere
    Last edited by Conall; 01-31-2013 at 11:57 PM.

I miss the days where people actually knew how to use computers

File management is the worst these days; the amount of times I've seen people throw everything on the desktop until they run out of icon space... or even worse, save everything into the default folders so that when they have to reformat, they lose everything.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

This may well be old hat for a lot of mac users out there but If you haven't heard of Hazel I suggest you give it a look. It's an automatic file organisation tool where you can set rules for specific folders, say moving downloaded mp3's to an unsorted music folder, or deleting old or incomplete downloads after a certain amount of time etc. All sorts of variables. It's probably the most useful application I've come across in a long time during a recent drive to organise my music collection better. It's about $20 to buy but IMO well worth it, there's a 14 day trial so you can try it out before you buy anyway.
    Dude you made my day .. me being possibly the worst organized person in the world on top of a switch and change jobs 10 times a day workload. I regularly need to go though "cleaning sessions" which are a pain in the ass.

Having a peek at it now