The under rated controller thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default The under rated controller thread

the "why do people judge" thread got me thinking of this...

I've used an S4/VCI-100/M-Audio(forget the 2 chan controller) Numark Axis-9 CDJ's/Vestax VCI-400 and of course expensive Pio CDJ's I can't afford.

the one I ALWAYS go back to is my trustee Numark Mixdeck.

I kid you not, it's been the best controller I've used even when compared to the highdollared CDJ's and fancier controllers.

the mixdeck, even if in a plastic encassement has been the toughest I've owned.

I come from a vinyl mixing background, and I never got used to the miniature jogwheels the newer controllers have.
    Numark stuck it out with larger jogwheels on the quad/mixdeck..good on them

Don't hear much about these controllers, but I thought i'd throw my hat in the ring that it's certainly not one to be overlooked.

my .02cents

Novation Twitch. served me well for quite awhile. amazing flexiblity for such an inexpensive controller
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Tech Guru

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say BCD3000. I've abused the hell out of mine over the few years I've had it, I got it as b-stock in not the best condition for £50, and it was a bit haggard when I got it. It's still going fine, the only problem is the drivers aren't updated any more so on modern systems it's performance isn't ideal. It feels like absolute **** and the jogs are hideous, but it's never let me down. I've used a plethora of terrible denon controllers, a garish pink vci-300 that's only redeeming feature was the jog wheels (Vestax know how to make jogs!) and I regularly use 2000 nexuses, which obviously play like a dream, but without my beloved Traktor functionality I just feel hindered.

So yeah, this is my nod to the BCD3000, soon to be replaced by the studio 4a (which looks pretty damn unbelievable for the price point), for getting me from A to B!

Tech Mentor

4midiloop.

Tech Mentor

Korg nanokontrol!
    I mapped every control on that thing, in all four banks. It's small, and dirty cheap, and not very durable, but it packs a lot of controls into one tiny unit.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

I'm with Sambo, I learned on a bcd3000, and all I can say is that it is a solid piece of gear. It deserves more credit than it gets.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

twitch FTW!

started with a random qwerty-keyboard, added a bcd3000 ended up with a vci100. vci100+midifighter+mixer=best setup i could ever think of!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

The Behringer BCR 2000 deserves way more credit on this forum.

Hell, if my Kontrol S4 wasn't a a gift, I would probably still be using my BCR2000, MIDIfighter classic & Audio4DJ hooked up to a mixer.

I might even do some fun stuff with my mixer, audio4DJ and dual MIDIfighter setup.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

BCR2000's In the wild
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast