scratch videos - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch videos

hipnopath killed it... looks like a young kid? I've got the following scratches down pretty good:

single/double click flare/orbit, chirp, crab, boomerang...

working on the basic scribble...one up two down...and it's kicking my ass... idk why I never learned this. I should have it down in about a week at full speed

got the swing flare almost to full speed

and the autobahn scratch for some reason just isn't clicking in my brain...I can do it slow but the speed just ain't coming along. I can do the similar boomerang scratch crazy fast

i'm 31 years old with a wife, 2 kids, and a dog and I am a manager from 8-5pm... I might get 30 minutes to an hour a day to practice but it's always interrupted by kidos and dog
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Mentor

dammm hipnopath, good stuff!

how long have u been practicing man?

may i ask how do u do from 0.07 to 0.10 after the short beat juggle?

is it simply 1 record a beat behind and crossfading on each beat?

is there a name for this? thanks!
    Last edited by Tornesoul; 02-05-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    hipnopath killed it... looks like a young kid? I've got the following scratches down pretty good:

single/double click flare/orbit, chirp, crab, boomerang...

working on the basic scribble...one up two down...and it's kicking my ass... idk why I never learned this. I should have it down in about a week at full speed

got the swing flare almost to full speed

and the autobahn scratch for some reason just isn't clicking in my brain...I can do it slow but the speed just ain't coming along. I can do the similar boomerang scratch crazy fast

i'm 31 years old with a wife, 2 kids, and a dog and I am a manager from 8-5pm... I might get 30 minutes to an hour a day to practice but it's always interrupted by kidos and dog
    Haha thanks man, turned 18 in August. I received my first pair of decks for my 16th birthday so I've got just over two years of serious practice. I hope to enter my local DMCs in April! Just have to create my set, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornesoul View Post
    dammm hipnopath, good stuff!

how long have u been practicing man?

may i ask how do u do from 0.07 to 0.10 after the short beat juggle?

is it simply 1 record a beat behind and crossfading on each beat?

is there a name for this? thanks!
    Thanks man! I've been at this for about two years! For the juggling pattern, it's pretty much a chasing pattern. DJ Angelo make a pretty good tutorial for learning how to chase juggle.

If you'd like a tutorial for my beat juggle pattern, let me know! It's not too hard once you get used to it.

Tech Mentor

thanks man, but i was refering to 0.07 to 0.10! not the juggle persay. the part where u just crossfade between 2 tracks!
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Ahhh, sorry I was a little confused, I thought you were asking about the halftime breakdown in the second half. For that, I took a sample and set the "to accomplish..." part at the 12 o' clock mark on the left deck and the "you got to break..." at the 12 o'clock mark on the right deck. I manipulated the tracks so they would fall at the 12 o' clock mark. There is a Left and Right .MP3 file for each. I broke up the sample between each deck so I could just forward spin the record to the next 12 'o clock. Hope it made sense!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hipnopath View Post
    Ahhh, sorry I was a little confused, I thought you were asking about the halftime breakdown in the second half. For that, I took a sample and set the "to accomplish..." part at the 12 o' clock mark on the left deck and the "you got to break..." at the 12 o'clock mark on the right deck. I manipulated the tracks so they would fall at the 12 o' clock mark. There is a Left and Right .MP3 file for each. I broke up the sample between each deck so I could just forward spin the record to the next 12 'o clock. Hope it made sense!
    u talking about ur 1st video? the part where it says "let me explains whos talking" haha im confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tornesoul View Post
    u talking about ur 1st video? the part where it says "let me explains whos talking" haha im confused
    Oh my God, now I feel really stupid, haha. Yes, that technique is basic trick mixing or "rocking doubles" where one track is one or two beats ahead of another and you fade between them. Angelo also has a great tutorial over that.

5:30.

I wish I would have started scratching at 16, I didn't start DJ'ing until my sophomore year in college summer of....2001. I've been DJ'ing parties on/off for the last 12 years, didn't start scratching until a couple years ago, but for the time that I do practice I do pretty well...now I have a better job so i get about 1hr of practice in/day but that's for both mixing and scratching
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

anyone remember this track?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hipnopath View Post
    Oh my God, now I feel really stupid, haha. Yes, that technique is basic trick mixing or "rocking doubles" where one track is one or two beats ahead of another and you fade between them. Angelo also has a great tutorial over that.

5:30.

much appreciated! thank you!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast