scratch videos - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch videos

Had a great practice session last night. I dont get to practice my scratching that often. Dying to post a vid...SOON!

Till now, I have been practicing to normal tunes. Whether its Dubstep, Electro....hip hop etc.

Last night, I used a Looper for the first time. Its a flash based tool and was coming out my Channel A (External Mixing) and that is the channel I use to scratch. So that was not gonna work, as I use TSP and no real vinyl.

Then I remembered the FX Loop on my mixer (YAY for Xone:22). So I set my Mac's prefs to internal sound and used a Mini Stereo jack to RCA cable from the Mac's sound card to the FX Send.

BOOM!

I found that practicing with a Looper is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than scratching to songs.

After an hour of practice, I was very happy with the result. Rocking lil combo's etc.

Loopers ROCK!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Had a great practice session last night. I dont get to practice my scratching that often. Dying to post a vid...SOON!

Till now, I have been practicing to normal tunes. Whether its Dubstep, Electro....hip hop etc.

Last night, I used a Looper for the first time. Its a flash based tool and was coming out my Channel A (External Mixing) and that is the channel I use to scratch. So that was not gonna work, as I use TSP and no real vinyl.

Then I remembered the FX Loop on my mixer (YAY for Xone:22). So I set my Mac's prefs to internal sound and used a Mini Stereo jack to RCA cable from the Mac's sound card to the FX Send.

BOOM!

I found that practicing with a Looper is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than scratching to songs.

After an hour of practice, I was very happy with the result. Rocking lil combo's etc.

Loopers ROCK!
    hey sarasin, i've seen a few loopers here and there. Its a flash based program with loops to jam over right?

just wondering why is it much btr then just looping some songs over? just started learning to scratch! do u have any looper to recommend?

a vid would be awesome
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

I just play a song internally in traktor and loop through DVS. I start off around 80bpm and work my way up until I can no longer perform the scratch in time... i've just about got the swing flare and scribble down after about a week of practice
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by Tornesoul View Post
    hey sarasin, i've seen a few loopers here and there. Its a flash based program with loops to jam over right?

just wondering why is it much btr then just looping some songs over? just started learning to scratch! do u have any looper to recommend?

a vid would be awesome

Hey, because songs change all the time and you do not get to repeat ...repeat ....repeat. With the looper, there is like 24 different loops on the one Looper tool, so you can change up as soon as you get bored with it.

But for me, it was allowing me to focus on the beat and get my practice down of certain combo's and scratches.

It also helped me find what works in certain situations. I just discovered a lot. It took the focus off the song that was playing and put the focus on my scratching. The Looper is just a simple loop and allows you to add your melody or FX over it.

You could do the same in the DVS and loop part of a track etc....but this was fun!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    I just play a song internally in traktor and loop through DVS. I start off around 80bpm and work my way up until I can no longer perform the scratch in time... i've just about got the swing flare and scribble down after about a week of practice
    Yep...you see I have not gone and started with specific scratch techniques and practiced each till I have it down.

I have just been freestyling till now.

I have learnt that the scratches I can do are the Transform, Crab, Babies, and a few combo's of that.

I can flare and orbit, but not 2 clicks and combo's.

I put this down to practicing to songs and just mucking around, and being stoned.

I have started (with the looper) with the individual scratches and need to work my way up proper.
    Got all the Scratch tutorial vids etc....just need to follow em, while not stoned.

FOCUS!!

Tech Wizard

Here's mine

Just came back into the forum here and saw this had been started.. Good stuff! Will post vid soon!

This was shot a while ago, when i first was learning how to use the hamster switch.

The real reason I'm posting is I can not find this break in my collection. Can't remember the name & can't find it? anyone know?

2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Not one of my videos but watching this guy cut it up on the Z2 gets me a stoked.

TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Ignore my comment at the beginning, lol.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast