scratch videos - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: scratch videos

Tech Convert

I made my second routine. I am 16 years old and have been scratching for a year. some advice would be nice

Tech Wizard

Chappy - good start. I liked how you kept things moving and tried different samples/techniques throughout the routine so it wasn't too repetitive. Technique-wise it was still a bit sloppy, so I'd focus on drilling your basic techniques for a while and get them tightened up. It seems like you're relying a bit much on crabs with your scratching instead of more foundation/controlled scratches. Crabs should sort just be like an extra spice, but not really your main technique. Practice stabs and chirps, get them clean and fast and it'll help your overall scratching A LOT. With the juggling just make sure on your looping you're not hearing any of the back spin at all, and dropping it exactly on beat. Get looping down then worry about more patterns later.

I'd also say instead of trying to make a 5 minute long routine with everything, try to focus on making shorter routines focusing on just scratching for a whole routine, or just beat juggling for a whole routine. It's really hard to make a long routine that's good quality for just about anyone, and especially when you're still beginning it's better to focus on quality over quantity. Doing like a 1 minute scratch routine and making sure it's quality from start to finish, or a 1 minute beat juggle that's good straight through, rather than 5 minute that has some filler and stuff in it. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Vekked; 03-03-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    2012 DMC Supremacy World Champ + IDA World Champ

Good advice there Vekked!!!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

To add to vekkeds last part, pick up one of qberts breationary battle records. The have 1-4 ish minute breaks. And lots of them. Find one you like and practice with it until you are fluid. Then pick a new break.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

Dude thanks most of the scratch was inprov and when ever I blanked I just crabed so I will work on making chirp stab combos and I'll practice my beat juggling and puttin them on beat. Thanks again and hey maybe one day we will run into each other at a battle in,a few years

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    To add to vekkeds last part, pick up one of qberts breationary battle records. The have 1-4 ish minute breaks. And lots of them. Find one you like and practice with it until you are fluid. Then pick a new break.

Or a Looper!

They are great!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Talking

Spent the last hour at work runnin through some of the clips...
    Epic stuff.... The last hour has flown!

Home time now

Boom

Hell yeah! I'm pumped to see Vekked in this thread!

Tech Wizard

2012 DMC Supremacy World Champ + IDA World Champ

Just made this little promo for a custom battle record!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast