TouchOSC - Mapping an XY pad for FX - HELP!

Default TouchOSC - Mapping an XY pad for FX - HELP!

Hello all,

I'm trying to map an XY pad for FX control in Touch OSC.

Everytime I try to 'learn' the pad, Traktor only recognises one of the values (x - Ch14.CC.017). How do I get it to map that and the other one (y - Ch14.CC.18)?!

I've tried playing around with the group modifier settings without any luck.

Any advice you have will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ateck.

1.jpg

2.jpg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should be able to manually assign that value to make sure. Click in the field next to Learn button and select the channel first then check your CC in the list.

Tech Wizard

I had to do it manually as well. Any slight nudge on your XY pad will send both a new signal for your X and your Y mapping. You could change your TouchOSC template so that only the X direction is sending a signal but that doesn't really do what you want. Just do like Stewe suggested and set it manually.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You should be able to manually assign that value to make sure. Click in the field next to Learn button and select the channel first then check your CC in the list.
    did it the same way. search for the desired midi signals in touchosc editor and assign this value manually in traktor.
    this works best on xy-pads and controller that send multiple notes at one time.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You need to map the different CCs while running along an edge to prevent both messages getting fired at once. If the XY pad also sends a "touch" message don't release it until you disable Learn.

You shouldn't need to disable any axis or map it manually doing it this way.