So 4 of my tracks just got signed: a thank you to all who helped
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So 4 of my tracks just got signed: a thank you to all who helped

This is a thank you thread for everyone here who helped me out. About four months ago i posted the typical n00b thread "how do i do this properly" (although in my defence there wasn't 10 of the same thread on the first page like there is recently it seems...but i digress) I had a lot of questions ranging from the use of loops, to the mixing and mastering process. All the responses were very helpful, especially from guys like Tarekith. Now I'm happy to report I will be releasing my first EP on OLD SQL Recordings in about 3-4 months time!

So again, a sincere thank you for all the help, much appreciated.

Tech Mentor

Congrats!

Jebus - 4 months from n00b to signed?

You must be a goddamn genius!

Congrats, man. That is some awesome work.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thanks guys

Well, "4 months" is a bit deceiving. Yes i first picked up Ableton to try and produce 4 months ago, but i've been writing music since i was 6, i've played in rock bands from high school to university. 4 years ago i figured "what the hell, lets open this Garage Band thing that came with my mac" wrote a bunch of disjointed house songs then that had good ideas but the structure was way off. Then in Sept I figured I would pick up Ableton and seriously devote my time to learning how to use it properly. I couldnt even figure out how to make a sound with it at first lol so i took a couple of the good ideas i had 4 years ago and tried to turn them in to real tracks. Watched a ton of youtube clips, studied the structure of the songs i liked, picked the brains of guys here, and a lot of trial and error, that got the ball rolling for the new stuff. Sent them out to a bunch of labels, 99% of them didnt even listen to the tracks, but one did thankfully

So i figured i had all the basic tools i needed from like 22 years of music experience to finally pull it off. But yeah, if you do the work it doesnt take long to come up with some decent sounding tunes with the DAW's these days.

Excellent bro'!

It seems like yesterday we first started the second techno/tech house mixtrain that ended up being the first to finish. Nice to see all this progression! Congratulations.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Very cool, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Excellent bro'!

It seems like yesterday we first started the second techno/tech house mixtrain that ended up being the first to finish. Nice to see all this progression! Congratulations.
    ha yeah, that was like 2 years ago now or something wasnt it? Great mix, we gotta do another one of those soon

Quote Originally Posted by grazz16 View Post
    ha yeah, that was like 2 years ago now or something wasnt it? Great mix, we gotta do another one of those soon
    Sure!

Two years back indeed. Well funny that you're bringing this up, it seems that my buddy wants to pick up the mix where you left off, and make it an hours worth of great techno!

After that, we could try to make it into a series?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

works for me, just let me know

Tech Mentor

Dude I am listening to your soundcloud - very nice. Congrats! What are the BPMs that you have for these songs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast