Lance Armstrong - Creep. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

So who was the bigger cheat - Lance with his drugs, or Oprah with her diet?
    356 reasons why

Tech Wizard

I pity people who believed that snake. It was so obvious, that he and most of the other were/are cheaters. I would expropriate him. He such a lousy person. And hopefully they catch/punish all the other cheaters from other sports (football, ice-hockey whatever)...

Oh and of course in MMA

ah I'm pretty sure 99.99% of people have done or will do drugs "it's part of our culture".. don't be a hypocrite! I couldn't function without my crazy pills to keep me sane most days and focused on whatever task I'm forced to do to make money. Lance Armstrong had cancer for f@#K's sake and went on to win the tour de france which is probably the hardest test of fitness in the world. The drugs were there to repair the muscles he tore every day which is mentally, physically and emotionally harder than any judgement you, me or anyone can make about it. He actually did it.

So I pity people like you who are more high and mighty than the rest of us and have no ability to think any more deeply than your first thought.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    ah I'm pretty sure 99.99% of people have done or will do drugs "it's part of our culture".. don't be a hypocrite! I couldn't function without my crazy pills to keep me sane most days and focused on whatever task I'm forced to do to make money. Lance Armstrong had cancer for f@#K's sake and went on to win the tour de france which is probably the hardest test of fitness in the world. The drugs were there to repair the muscles he tore every day which is mentally, physically and emotionally harder than any judgement you, me or anyone can make about it. He actually did it.
    Well said
    356 reasons why

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Lance is a local boy to me and I've conversations with him (many, many years ago). Tales of his arrogance are not exaggerated in any way, to put it bluntly he is, and will always be an asshole. When he was 15 he was decimating the local Cat1/Pro field here so I'm confident he really was the better rider. As far as I'm concerned he won the tour seven times, but he deserves at least most of what will happen to him now. I think as time goes on, and if he takes this chance to truly help ensure the sport is clean now, the impression of him will shift from villain to something of a savior.

I think it's shifted now and the majority of the peloton is clean rather than dirty. The bigger issue at hand now is the UCI, WADA and USADA. Those guys need to get their shit together and quit releasing snarky press releases. UCI is crooked as can be. Everybody there should be replaced and the whole organization should be infused with new blood.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    the tour de france should be stopped. its a total joke when the next place getter that wasn't doping came in 27th.
    The thing is that it's always been that way.

It shows up on cycling forums all the time…people talk about how great it was during the "glory days"……without realizing that most of the heros this and the last generation of cyclists came up worshiping were at least as bad……except they were on things like cocaine and strychnine.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Lance is a local boy to me and I've conversations with him (many, many years ago). Tales of his arrogance are not exaggerated in any way, to put it bluntly he is, and will always be an asshole. When he was 15 he was decimating the local Cat1/Pro field here so I'm confident he really was the better rider. As far as I'm concerned he won the tour seven times, but he deserves at least most of what will happen to him now. I think as time goes on, and if he takes this chance to truly help ensure the sport is clean now, the impression of him will shift from villain to something of a savior.

I think it's shifted now and the majority of the peloton is clean rather than dirty. The bigger issue at hand now is the UCI, WADA and USADA. Those guys need to get their shit together and quit releasing snarky press releases. UCI is crooked as can be. Everybody there should be replaced and the whole organization should be infused with new blood.
    Like blood doping for the anti-doping agencies………

Sorry for the quip…couldn't resist. I mostly agree with you except that I've never met him. Even considering doping, he's done some amazing things from essentially asking rivals "can you follow me" before pulling away up a mountain to riding off into a field to avoid making a crash worse, to his entire team going down during a time trial and lance deciding to lead for the rest of it, to finishing long mountain bike races on two flat tires because hammering through and ruining his rims let him win while stopping to change them wouldn't have.

The only thing I hold against him is that he constantly sued and attacked journalists to preserve his name. That bothers me. The actual doping…………I've used caffeine before casual group rides as well as an over-the-counter ephedrine inhaler (as an asthma treatment)……both of which are banned by anti-doping agencies. And that was for casual, non-competitive group rides. And I wasn't the only one.

Road cycling is all about VO2 Max anyway…it's not even about teams or anything else about cycling ability…just how much oxygen you can process quickly. And with about a century of historical figures using drugs to help that……

Doping is just part of cycling culture, and it always has been. If this changes things, that's probably for the best. But I just can't in good conscience demonize him for anything he's done other than suing journalists.
    Last edited by mostapha; 02-01-2013 at 08:31 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Its not cheating if everyone is doing it

Personally i'd love to see sports WITH drugs, see just how far into the extremes they can push it safely. I'd be against the use of pain meds though, bodies do need that warning on occasions that we are overdoing it

..I'd really be up for seeing unregulated branches of sports specifically allowing the use of drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Its not cheating if everyone is doing it

Personally i'd love to see sports WITH drugs, see just how far into the extremes they can push it safely. I'd be against the use of pain meds though, bodies do need that warning on occasions that we are overdoing it

..I'd really be up for seeing unregulated branches of sports specifically allowing the use of drugs!
    That would be horrible.
    Outdoor activities on drugs however would be funny!
    Ziplining off like 5+ hits of acid LOL
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

he creepin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast