Serato with Ableton
    Tech Mentor

Default Serato with Ableton

After some searching on google, I've decided to ask you guys about a little question I have regarding Serato with Ableton.

I know all about The Bridge, but my question isnt about syncing. Its about the effects. I could only find info about this regarding the Mixtape option, which allows you to apply effects post recording. Im wondering if while using The Bridge, can I use Abletons effects on Seratos live decks, using a separate controller of course.

Im thinking about switching to SSL mostly for the simplicity and stability. However, before spending that amount of money on the interface (damn those things are expensive!) id like to know if using Traktor is still the way to go as far as effects is concerned.

You can only use ableton effects on your ableton set as far as I know. Doesn't really enhance any of the core serato features.

However, you could theoretically load an entire song on an ableton set and DJ with that. Effects will all work.

I don't usually have my ableton set to a turntable, but instead just use output A (aux) on my rane 62. It's nice if you want to put it on a deck so you can start and stop it in time with the deck but the way ableton's audio drivers work, there's no sound for reverse movement of the record. So scratching anything in ableton is out of the question.

Tech Mentor

Alright, thats what I was afraid of.