Using Kontrol X1 & Traktor with Ableton - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Okay I'm going to try this out today, will let you know how I get on.
    Hopefully all goes well, then all that's left is finding out how to apply my Ableton plugin over traktor. Which I think I may just need to create 4 audio channels in Ableton and set the audio to ext 3/4 - 5/6 - 7/8 etc, I'm really not sure but ill get Maschine VST working first one thing at a time!
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Okay, I've got Maschine open as a plugin inside of Ableton, and I can use my delay plugin over maschine, it;s coming out of the mix/return channel so its working, thats all good. But.. How do i get Maschine in step sequence mode while its in ableton?

Normally i have maschine 'sync to midi clock' ticked, as its synced up with Traktor, but i cant do this now, so will it auto sync with my Traktor tracks now?
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Okay, I've got Maschine open as a plugin inside of Ableton, and I can use my delay plugin over maschine, it;s coming out of the mix/return channel so its working, thats all good. But.. How do i get Maschine in step sequence mode while its in ableton?
    Just press the STEP button.

Normally i have maschine 'sync to midi clock' ticked, as its synced up with Traktor, but i cant do this now, so will it auto sync with my Traktor tracks now?
    Maschine syncs to the host (Ableton) when in VST mode. Sync Ableton to Traktor's MIDI clock.

Yeah I pressed the STEP button, button nothing was happening, i had to press the play button at the top of ableton.

And okay, so even though i have already synced Traktor and maschine up, it's okay to go ahead and now sync traktor and ableton right? It's not going to overwrite it and cause problems?

Yeah I pressed the STEP button, button nothing was happening, i had to press the play button at the top of ableton.

And okay, so even though i have already synced Traktor and maschine up, it's okay to go ahead and now sync traktor and ableton right? It's not going to overwrite it and cause problems?
    No. I answered in your other thread.

Also, if you ever have a worry that includes the word "overwrite," just back up (your preferences in Traktor, and while you're at it,) your data.

Just replied, cheers! Yeah, well incase for some reason i want to go back to how I had TRaktor and Maschine synced up, and leave ableton out of it, i would like to have my current Traktor and Maschine preferences backed up, how do i do this, the little 'export' button at the bottom left of the preferences tab? How about data too?

Nevermind, I just went to MacHD>Users>Mac>Documents>Native Instruments>Traktor

and copy and pasted the 'Traktor' folder to an external HD, i also copy and pasted the 'Traktor 2.6.0' folder too. There were a couple, i'm assuming that they're just updated versions etc, so the 2.6.0 is all i need I believe?

Nevermind, I just went to MacHD>Users>Mac>Documents>Native Instruments>Traktor

and copy and pasted the 'Traktor' folder to an external HD, i also copy and pasted the 'Traktor 2.6.0' folder too. There were a couple, i'm assuming that they're just updated versions etc, so the 2.6.0 is all i need I believe?
    Yeah, use the export button and export everything (tick all the boxes). I do this because often others (turntable techs, other DJs) will change something and I just want it back the way I had it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123