Smoke gun ?

Thread: Smoke gun ?

Default Smoke gun ?

Been doing a lot of parties and events lately , and the crowds have been loving the smoke machines !
    That feeling where you just bury people in smoke on a drop is one of my favourite parts of DJing , but I had a question

Where on earth can you buy a smoke gun ? I've seen so many DJ's use them live ! They look so INTENSE !

Heres a kind of sample of what I mean

Any idea where you can get something like this ? Give me some links!
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

1. Thank you for destroying my speakers.
    2. I'd hazard a guess that given the rate of dissipation of the "smoke", it's more likely to be a CO2 tank attached to a nozzle, similar to a fire extinguisher. If my physics background serves me right, the "smoke" is actually produced by a rapid change in temperature of the air and water droplets contained within, which is why it dissipates so quickly.

EDIT: You could also theoretically use Nitrogen as you can store it at much higher pressures (3500psi vs 700ish), which would give greater distance and spread, depending on the nozzle you used.

So its CO2 eh?

Hmm...but where can you get ones that shoot actual smoke , so the lights at the parties look better !

Putting on my "club photographer" hat here; don't. All you need to help lights show is a HAZE machine; smoke machines make photography practically impossible, as the dense polyethylene glycol molecules in the air reflect the flash back at the camera, and you end up with nasty, washed-out photos. A haze machine will give a better balance between lighting and photographic potential; there's nothing worse than a night with no photos, except possibly a night with shit photos lol.

So yeah, haze machine, preferably mounted high up on the wall rather than at ground level

putting on my club promoter hat, there's actually a resurgence for parties with absolutely no photography allowed. Even as a fan of photography, the surge of "nightclub photographers" is sort of tacky, and it lends to the vibe of being at the party is about being seen rather than experiencing the music and party itself. Sort of off topic though. While you are right about them not being needed for the light show, they integrate well in addition to hazers as an effect.

yeah is a CO2 gun. also the video reminds me what a mong aoki is.

Thats a CO2 gun, smaller version of the MASSIVE ones you find in massive clubs,
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Thanks guys !
    And yeah , I don't think I really mentioned it , but I do have and use a smoke/haze machine . I try to mount is as high as possible , but when its not possible , I rest it on something and tilt it upward so the smoke shoots up rather than down at peoples feet!

I just thought people would go nuts if we pulled out one of the bad boys in the middle of the show !

I did happen to find a site that sells the CO2 smoke guns , and they cost around 500 euros :/