Scarlett 2i2/Audio 2 Debate - Mixtrack/Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SMOR3S View Post
    Ya I posted that DJX750 for $40.... That seems like a good deal, considering brand new, they are like $200+ aye?
    Can't fault that, although don't forget these things aren't midi so you'll specifically need 4 outputs into the mixer from whatever audio interface you use. The beauty about MIDI is that you do all your mixing inside Traktor and output a single stereo channel to the mixer/soundboard.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Can't fault that, although don't forget these things aren't midi so you'll specifically need 4 outputs into the mixer from whatever audio interface you use. The beauty about MIDI is that you do all your mixing inside Traktor and output a single stereo channel to the mixer/soundboard.
    Okay.... I'll just have to route the output/inputs in Traktor then, and setup external mixing huh?, since the mixing will still be in Traktor, but externally, via the mixer... + like I stated above, I have a Scarlett 2i2, so I'll just do dual 1/4" from the back of the 2i2, to RCA into the mixer, then the mixer into the PA... That should work fine... I know I'll be happy with the DJX750, cause it has everything I need on it, so I can just use my MPK Mini as an sampling/effects controller...

To mix externally you need at least 4 output channels (= stereo pairs). (Actually I can't see how one could mix to any acceptable standards without having two stereo pairs, regardless if the actual mixing is done internally - but that's another issue)
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    To mix externally you need at least 4 output channels (= stereo pairs). (Actually I can't see how one could mix to any acceptable standards without having two stereo pairs, regardless if the actual mixing is done internally - but that's another issue)
    Some people don't use headphones, they just do it visually with spectrum waveforms and by knowing their tracks inside out, but I take your point. Theoretically you could use an aggregate device and take master out from an external and plug your headphones into your craptop.

So I wouldn't be able to use headphones, or? Like I have said before, I am not in need of headphone cueing, due to, like you said "visually", Mixing, so all I need to do, is to plug my 2i2, to the mixer, then master out to the PA... Bam!

The 2i2 is a 2 in, 2 out, hence the name; to mix tracks externally using a normal mixer you need a 4-out audio interface, otherwise you're just mixing mono.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    The 2i2 is a 2 in, 2 out, hence the name; to mix tracks externally using a normal mixer you need a 4-out audio interface, otherwise you're just mixing mono.
    Well crap... Isn't this a bust... Mixing mono isn't an amazingly bad thing, but I do prefer stereo, if the club has hookups for that... If I do get this DJX750, ima have to look into getting an Audio 4...

Even if the Mixer is $40, this might be worth more, that it's worth... I'll look around a bit more, or maybe I'll just have to wait, for the "Behringer CMD MM-1" to drop...

*side note* I do like having a full fledged mixer, despite me, probably never ever using turntables, or cdj's... I like visual mixing in Traktor, so that's were I am comfortable at for now...
    Last edited by SMOR3S; 02-06-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOR3S View Post

*side note* I do like having a full fledged mixer, despite me, probably never ever using turntables, or cdj's... I like visual mixing in Traktor, so that's were I am comfortable at for now...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/02/0...screen-gazing/

just saying...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    Ah you troll! lol... I don't eye lock the screen, but I do look at it from time to time... I do dj a lot by sound, so I'll like look at Traktor, see a cue point, listen, and then start mixing in when I know to...
    Last edited by SMOR3S; 02-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.

I am probably going to just get a mixer, and mix externally, in traktor, in mono, cause at the end of the day, at the club, stereo to mono, like no real difference...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast