CUP mapping Kontrol S4

Default CUP mapping Kontrol S4

Hello all,

How can i set/map CUP on my S4 independently for deck A, B, C and D? Now, when i map CUP to deck C (learn) it also controls deck A (for deck B and D the same) How do i manage it that the mapping CUP only works for the desired decks? I want to map CUP to the original play button on the S4. So for all 4 decks.

Sorry for this maybe silly question. I'm not yet familiar with the S4. I used to use two X1's with traktor Pro 1.
    Now I would like to use my S4 with Traktor Pro 2.6.

Regards,

Vladi.
    (Amsterdam, Holland)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You should check which modifiers are dedicated for deck switch buttons and follow those modifier conditions for each of decks. I'm not familiar to S4 to give you exact steps but in theory this should work.

Sorry for my very, very late reply. My daughter was born so that took some time as you might understand..

Thnx for this answer above. I stil have some questions about this.
    When i load the default S4 settings/mappings, the Assignment Table stays empty.
    In what way is it possible to see all the default settings/mapping for the S4 in the Assignment Table
    so i can alter the play mode to CUP?

Tech Student

Unfortunately there is no way to see the dafault mapping. It is simply built in and hidden.
    But your need can be easily accomplished using a couple of modifiers. Just load the default mapping and then create 2 modifiers, each one assigned to the switch deck buttons. Be sure to NOT check the "override default mapping" so you can also keep all original button function.Once the 2 modifiers are set you simply map the play button as cup on deck A with modifier say 1 to 0 and deck C when mod is 1. The same goes for decks B and D with another modifier. All the mappings on the play button must override the default mapping. You're done!