Question: Pre-listening with Traktor pro 2.0.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Question: Pre-listening with Traktor pro 2.0.3

Hey guys!

So I am using a Hercules RMX mixer with Traktor pro 2.0.3 and I am trying to prelisten to the songs i want to play. Basically, what I want to do, and I saw my friend doing it, is:
    Put a song in a deck, play it, and put the crossfader completely to its side, so it only plays this song.
    Charge a song in another deck, and listen to it in my earphones, not in the speakers, so if i want to make a transition I know exactly what is playing on the other song!
    In audio setup, I have Audio device: built in (speakers of my computer)
    For Output routing: Internal
    Output monitor L: Output L
    R: Output R
    Output master and Output record everything is on "Not connected"

Thank you in advance for your help!

PS: The earphones are plugged to my Hercules RMX mixer

you need a soundcard with at least 2 stereo outs (4 out) such as a audio dj 2 from native instruments.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by basspenetrator View Post
    you need a soundcard with at least 2 stereo outs (4 out) such as a audio dj 2 from native instruments.
    I am using a MacBook Pro, do you thin I have it? Or how can I figure out which one I have. Also, my friend uses his MacBook Pro and a Pioneer mixer and it works. Does it mean that my Hercules RMX's soundcard is not good enough?
    Also, what settings do i need to use to test if my soundcard is good enough?

Thank you for your answer basspenetrator!

Choose the RMX as the audio source.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Choose the RMX as the audio source.
    I did and prelistening actually worked. However, I was listening to the main song on my earphones already so when i prelisten i actually hear both songs now! To use it effectively I would have to use external speakers and plug them to my mixer, this way my earphones would be free and ill use them ony for pre listening. However, I do not have external speakers and I usually use my computer as a speaker. Is there anyway i can use my computer as a speaker but also use hercules rmx to prelisten?
    Thank you!

I assume you know how to use monitor cue buttons and the mix knob. lets see a screen of your output routing please
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

I assume you know how to use monitor cue buttons and the mix knob. lets see a screen of your output routing please
    First of all thank you for your help Jester!

Here is a screen of my settings! http://s12.postimage.org/f1gjc3365/Picture_3.png

For the Cue button. I dt know how to use it. I can dj, make transitions etc but there are some basic details that I am still missing. I thought CUE was to save a position in a song, but my friend told me that it was actually to prelisten...so I dt know what it is! When I want to prelisten to something, I just click on the headphones icone next to the deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need to have the RMX selected in the audio setup. then you need to select output 1&2 as the output master, and 3&4 as the output monitor.
    basically you want to select "cue select" on the deck that the volume is down on, and move the "mon select" knob on the top right fully to the left to only hear that song. if you have it in the middle, you will hear both songs.
    good luck.

Tech Convert

You need to have the RMX selected in the audio setup. then you need to select output 1&2 as the output master, and 3&4 as the output monitor.
    basically you want to select "cue select" on the deck that the volume is down on, and move the "mon select" knob on the top right fully to the left to only hear that song. if you have it in the middle, you will hear both songs.
    good luck.
    Thank you so much for your help, but it still does not seem to work. Maybe you I did not explain myself very clearly! What I am looking for is a way to let the sound come out from the computer and prelisten by using the earphones plugged to the mixer.
    Using your settings, the sounds comes out from the the earphones pluged to the rmx, not from the computer!
    Is there anything else i could do?

Ok so technically you cannot use 2 soundcards in traktor without creating what is called an "aggregate device" check out this thread for how to do that. http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=13317

oh i see you use a mac so check this video out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast