How do I transition from a Higher BPM (140) -to- a much slower BPM (88)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How do I transition from a Higher BPM (140) -to- a much slower BPM (88)

Yes I am a beginner and have been using the sync button, so wondering how I can make such a drastic BPM transition from one track to another without it sounding super sped up/slowed down but at the same time not so sloppy without using sync? Im not to sure how *example* radio DJ's do this in they're mixes and make it sound so smooth?

1)Make a transition where at least either the incoming or outgoing track has no beats/drums.
    2)Echo freeze effect
    3)Cutting
    4)Backspin

1 being the smoothest decreasing in smoothness with 4 being the least smooth.

Airhorns and gunshots.
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    1)Make a transition where at least either the incoming or outgoing track has no beats/drums.
    2)Echo freeze effect
    3)Cutting
    4)Backspin

Ok thanx ill give it a try! I always wondered why the local mixing DJ would backspin to transition.

*Airhorns & gunshots lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kamjongill View Post
    Airhorns and gunshots.
    I lol'd
    Toshibha Satellite, 8GB RAM, Intel i3 processor, 2.40 GHz -Hercules Dj Control Steel -Traktor Pro 2 -Midi Fighter: Beatmasher
    -QTX sound Powered 150 WATT Speakers

you can slow down the 88 bpm to 70 bpm (Which is half of 140) and you can beatmatch manually

i do this all the time
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    2)Echo freeze effect
    3)Cutting
    4)Backspin

That would be the four most common methods. If nothing else will work you can also have a gap between the songs, and say something on the mic....if you are into that kind of thing.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    That would be the four most common methods. If nothing else will work you can also have a gap between the songs, and say something on the mic....if you are into that kind of thing.
    Agreed, I do this super-cheesy thing at college parties where I bring it all the way down to "I Love College" where everyone is singing...then let it go to the end, get on the mic, and drop "Shots" to hype the party right back up.
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

I think I might of deleted my Echo effect when I was adding over the new effects? Is there anyway I could get it back if I did..

Quote Originally Posted by kamjongill View Post
    Airhorns and gunshots.
    It's 2013 bro, it' all about "RUN THA TRAP!!!" & "DAYUM SUN, WHERE 'D YA FIND DIS?"

^I traktor it's called delay, there should be a button somewhere that says freeze and press that. Also don't forget to play with the paramaters and see what works.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast