Quality information diluted

Default Quality information diluted

This week I was struck with a number of people moving away from here because there are so many threads that does not interest them.

I feel a bit the same.

I'm not going to move away, but post a suggestion.

I REALLY think there should be a "setup help" subforum.

Take for instance the controllers, mods and gear revieuw subforum. It has a LOT of interesting info on it, but it's diluted by a tenfold of "help me getting started" or "what should I buy" and "I can draw a controller in MS paint, please help me buildig it"

I've been on many forums, and for a field as diverse as we're covering here, I feel that a few more splits in subforums will greatly benefit the readability...

Suggestion for the case above:

-Gear reviews
    -Mods and DIY
    -Get buying advice
    -Tech Set up techniques and questions
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

We already discussed this a while ago (can't recall the thread name), the main problem with your suggestion is most people will ignore the "noob" subforum and it will become basically a thread graveyard.

I agree with you that that kind of thread has become more frequent but I don't think further fragmenting the forums is the answer.

Ok, I'll leave it to rest then. My experience is that it won't be a thread graveyard. There are many people who like to help new guys, but also many who come here for expret advice and like their info distilled.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

This basically is why the current forum structure is setup as it is.

General discussion for the 'lighter questions', the specific forums for in depth.

What can be concluded from the threads is, that basically most of the information asked has already been digested many times, it's usually that a newer forum member wants a quick answer.
    Not a bad thing, but a little bit more patience before posting is encouraged.
    Look at the 'what headphone do I need' forums which are sometimes opened within 10 minutes of the previous.

The "get buying advice" forum could even be a part of the existing threads, i.e. General Discussion.
    One of the few things we expect our users to do, is offer some kind of back story, or show some directions what they're shooting for.

Topics simply stating "what should I get?" and no more relevant information will be closed upon discovery.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --