Ableton Live Kontrol F1 Remote Script
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ableton Live Kontrol F1 Remote Script

Hello, I posted this in the NI Kontrol F1 forum but I figured to post it up here as well.
    Managed to put together this Ableton Remote Script for the NI Traktor Kontrol F1. It's main function is a clip launcher / controller for Ableton's session view matrix with clip colors -> RGB light supported.
    Hope this is useful for someone.

Readme / Download etc:
    https://github.com/trash80/AbletonTraktorKontrolF1

Direct download:
    https://github.com/trash80/AbletonTr...ive/master.zip
    Last edited by trash80; 02-21-2013 at 01:55 AM.

I don't have a F1, But I salute your work sir!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Sweet! Do you need help porting it to 9? The direct download link was broken for me.

OK,

so I have it working and it does a good job. I'm using it in side view. I noted that it doesn't the clip updated isn't 100% but I'm sure that can be refined.

what I mean is if I move the box up or down sometimes stuff that are no longer playing will be lite up as if they are playing.
    Last edited by lingk; 02-18-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Sweet! Do you need help porting it to 9? The direct download link was broken for me.
    I'll be porting it to 9 once it is out of beta, no sense in attempting to figure out what they changed in the framework if they may change it on the release version. Any insight may be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lingk View Post
    OK,

so I have it working and it does a good job. I'm using it in side view. I noted that it doesn't the clip updated isn't 100% but I'm sure that can be refined.

what I mean is if I move the box up or down sometimes stuff that are no longer playing will be lite up as if they are playing.
    Interesting, so for some reason the F1 missed a message. Is it easy to repeat or just occasional? Maybe I should have a draw/update loop as oppose to using callbacks for the updates if it's unstable.

On a side note it was pretty easy to port the code to work with the midifighter the same way, though the colors are not as accurate since the MF only accepts pre-defined colors.

Quote Originally Posted by trash80 View Post
    I'll be porting it to 9 once it is out of beta, no sense in attempting to figure out what they changed in the framework if they may change it on the release version. Any insight may be helpful.
    I wish I could email or pm you but I can't!

Interesting, so for some reason the F1 missed a message. Is it easy to repeat or just occasional? Maybe I should have a draw/update loop as oppose to using callbacks for the updates if it's unstable.
    Both.. but if you let it sit there it will update after a sec or so. so It's no big deal to me, just pointing it out.

I have been waiting for something like this for a while, even tried making my own with the generic red box script but couldn't get it working.

Thanks very much for this! I still need to try it in normal view as I can use my k2 to launch scens. Maybe I can make a redbox script for just one row of buttons for the k2 lol.

so I noticed that using it with the up template that it doesn't update as fast / much as with the side template.

Quote Originally Posted by lingk View Post
    so I noticed that using it with the up template that it doesn't update as fast / much as with the side template.
    Weird, the only difference is the midi CC button assignment in the template.

looks really interesting. Out of curiosity, and sorry to interrupt your post but, what do you need to build some scripts in Ableton? Any good links?
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast