Xone 92 help please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Xone 92 help please

all i have is an xone 92 and a computer, no decks. what im wondering is if i can run tracks from the computer using software out through the mixers individual channels without using decks. and if i could, what cables/interface would i need to make my computer+xone92 setup functional. pls help me. D,:

Yes you can. You will need some digital DJ software such as Traktor (HIGHLY recommended), Serato, or search some others.

You will need a Soundcard, which comes with all proper digital DJ software packages. They'll come with the tools needed to set up and get going!

I personally use Traktor and it's the best way to go for me..
    It's not cheap tho.

What's your budget?

Tech Convert

thx for the reply! i have traktor and serato. i just dont know how to connect the mixer up to my comp and have the tracks on traktor running out through the channels on the mixer. would a midi cable be enough? my budget could afford any cables i would need i believe.

If you have Traktor and Serato but no soundcards, you most likely downloaded them illegally. If you buy them they come with soundcards to connect to your mixer. Just MIDI is not enough.

Oh you have Traktor, okay.

Did you get a Soundcard with Traktor then yes? What version of Traktor have you got?

I use Timecode CDs with CDJ1000s myself, and you just need to plug your Soundcard in, run 4 RCA cables from all your 'DECK' outputs into each of the 'inputs' on each channel of your Xone mixer.

Your Soundcard needs to be connected via USB into your mac, and then make sure the audio settings in Traktor are configured properly i/o etc.

If you need help, let me know mate!

Tech Convert

thanks for the help man! all i need is the sound card, ill get one and keep you updated!

Tech Convert

i have traktor pro 2.5.0 by the way

Welcome!

I'm not sure that NI sell the Soundcards on their own anymore, due to people using cracked copies of Traktor.
    There
    May be some second hand ones about tho'!

Let me know how you get on and ill help ya set it up :-)

Okay, your have to update to the latest version then!

Tech Convert

do you recomend buying a sound card that is usb to rca? or could it be usb to 1/4 inch? yesterday i bought a usb dual pre interface with xlr and 1/4 inch inputs- http://artproaudio.com/files/owners_...bdualpreps.pdf - i could not figure out how to configure it with traktor and my mixer using xlr cables. should i return this or could i make it work with this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast