My setup needs an overhall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My setup needs an overhall

Ok, so Im torn between going with a traditional mixer probably (behringer ddm4000) and a traktor scratch setup including my Traktor X1 and a Traktor F1, or just getting an S4 or a Numark 4trak. any thoughts or opinions? my buddie says go for the controller, but I already have the X1 and i really dont wanna sell it cause its pretty kool...but I dunno. need feedback!

Tech Wizard

It depends on your style of DJ'ing/Music are you now or do you aspire to be a turntablist? The integration of the S4 is very nice although since the introduction of remix decks that has changed a little. But the flexibility of discreet components including the ability to replace defective pieces is very nice.

X

Tech Mentor

could still keep the x1 if you went controller. i have an s2, f1, x1 and i think x1 is my fav. easier to deal with effects and such isntead of the small buttons up top on the s2.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dakotakimble View Post
    Ok, so Im torn between going with a traditional mixer probably (behringer ddm4000) and a traktor scratch setup including my Traktor X1 and a Traktor F1, or just getting an S4 or a Numark 4trak. any thoughts or opinions? my buddie says go for the controller, but I already have the X1 and i really dont wanna sell it cause its pretty kool...but I dunno. need feedback!
    go for the hybrid setup, (traditional mixer, and modular controllers) i have a ddm4k i am about to part with

mixer + x1 ftw
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

well my style of DJing is mostly traditional, but I really think the idea of the remix decks is badass and would like to get into it. ive beel playing around with the sample deck mapping for my x1 and its pretty awesome. I produce as well so i feal like dropping in bits of my own songs or dropping in peices of other songs on top of myne would be sweet. so i think either way im gonna get an f1 haha. but when it comes to the turntablism, im pretty noob at it. it would be badass but my skill level with it as of now is 0% haha
    XD

Tech Wizard

Don't let not know how to scratch stop you from getting turntables because obviously you will need them in order to learn. F1 is very nice for what it does and adds even more if you produce. The X1 really depends on what else you will be using if it is turntables then the x1 is great, if you decide something else then it may not be needed.

It's hard to know exactly what you mean by "traditional' DJ'ing because to me that IS turntablism. However instead of focusing on that, focus on what you listen to, shows you see, people you look up to. I think that is actually a better way to decide. When you watch someone else DJ'ing and you say to yourself, that is what I want to do, what are they doing? Go in that direction.

Last note. Having a real mixer and components allows you to evolve and adapt a little easier because you aren't as locked into a fixed way to do something. So I would still lean in that direction.

Unless you are fortunate enough to get different setups - like me then you can use whatever strikes you are that moment.

X

(someday I will post my setups, but since everyone likes to put theirs in the footnotes here goes.}
    System #1, Rane SL3, Ecler Evo 4, CDJ-400s (most portable CDJ setup)
    System #2, Rane Sixty Two, Denon SC-3900s (generally setup in basement for house parties and practice)
    System #3, A&H Xone DB4, K2, F1, X1, Maschine (bedroom setup and clubs if I am doing house music)
    System #4, NI: S4 (was my intro setup to Traktor, hardly use it but I take it to mobile gigs when CDJ aren't required)
    System #5, Pinoeer DDJ-SX (my main mobile setup for small bars and weddings)
    Things not normally used Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher, Pioneer CDJ-850's

you wouldn't be far off with a DDM4000, X1 and F1 combo. maybe throw a midifighter into the mix later on.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

jesus man, thats ridiculous haha. so badass though. which is ur favorite in general?
    what i ment by traditional was, like mixing track to track, with little sampling/FX but im not sure that was the right way to say that.
    but yea i know what you mean, and thats what i was thinking. the only things that sell me on the 4trak are; led joggs, 4 trak standalone/ or midi, and its portability. and of course cost haha i can snag that thing off amazon for like 5 or 6
    XD

>Jester

haha hell yea, i like the way you think. my only thing was i need something to accomidate the need of a jog wheel
    Last edited by dakotakimble; 02-07-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: target person
    XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast