Craziness with volume faders on s4 - moving on their own
    Tech Mentor

Unhappy Craziness with volume faders on s4 - moving on their own

Hey guys,

My volume faders move up by about 20% (slowly) after i bring them all the way down. Tried recalibrating and still nothing...so confused. I got to spin on friday and i cant like that - its audible when the next track is cuing up..

what to do?!!

thanks!

Tech Mentor

hey man, i had this problem on decks a and b volume faders b4 and alil on c and d. when i go all the way down or up on my s4, the traktor software's volume faders will move themselves even though volume is up/down max

my temp solution was to NOT go all the way up or down. just so near the top/btm, but not touching the maximum of the volume fader. i actually taped some ice creamsticks to make it easier for me. try not going all the way and see if it works for u.

End of the day, found out that the volume faders have been worn out, and since i was on warranty, i got a new set from my local shop.
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Tech Mentor

thanks for the response but taping icecream sticks is a horrible solution hahaha same with not bringing them all the way down. Maybe resetting everything to factory settings would help? i would hate however to do this

Tech Convert

this happens with my S4 from time to time, the problem is dust and it's easy to fix. just blow into the faders, old school nintendo cartridge style. you could always use contact cleaner, but i haven't found it necessary to get my S4 faders working correctly.

peace.