Hi... getting back into it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hi... getting back into it!

I've decided to get back into DJing again. Been really busy last few years and its slowly been pushed on the back burner.

So Im selling a few bits of equipment and I am planning on getting an S4 and maybe (eventually) 2x Kontrol F1's as im really into Ableton and a lot of my own own tracks are made in it so I can easily condense them a little and drop them in to the 4 remix tracks. I am really into controllers and I also VJ so I am quite interested in how I can run AV sets using Traktor and the remix decks... all good.

I am really excited about it! I had no idea about the remix decks and how powerful they where until about a month ago!

The only new product I dont understand is the NI Z2? I dont really see what it does? The demo video is pretty poor I think?

Anyway; just saying Hi and hopefully I will have new equipment soon and I will be joining you all in good discussions

The Z2 is basically a hybrid MIDI/Analog mixer, similar to the DJ Tech mixers, but with dedicated knobs for macro FX and 4 cue points/sample slots per deck. It's also got an NI Audio 10 built into it, which is nice if you're a timecode guy.

Just a short question, at what point did you stop? Was it when you were spinning vinyl or CDJs?

If it's the last, CDJs, you might want to consider the Pioneer DDJ-SX.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I used to play vinyl, then CDJ and then I had a small reloop DJ controller and Mac. I like them all. My ideal set up would be to have one huge desk with everything on... but time and money aren't going to let that happen.

I've looked at the DDJ SX but seems more suited for Serato? And I know my way around Traktor really well.

I basically stopped due to work getting busier and then my wife has had a complicated two years recovering from surgery (its taken her two years to recover due to complications)

Could do what I'm planning, a fully modular setup using the Reloops and Behringer stuff

Quote Originally Posted by skulpture View Post
    I used to play vinyl, then CDJ and then I had a small reloop DJ controller and Mac. I like them all. My ideal set up would be to have one huge desk with everything on... but time and money aren't going to let that happen.

I've looked at the DDJ SX but seems more suited for Serato? And I know my way around Traktor really well.

Well, there are quite some mappings around, on this community as well, to use this with Traktor.

So I take it the wife is doing better?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

That's not bad little set up @mdcdesign but I imagine it will require lots of midi mapping and setting up.

Im quite sold on the idea of the S4... maybe a VCI 400 if I can afford it. I like the idea of the all in one system for storage and being able to get a proper flight case for it.

And yes the wife is much better thanks @tekki. 3 operations and about 22 scars later she's walking again! Id post a pic but you'd ban me and be sick! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Could do what I'm planning, a fully modular setup using the Reloops and Behringer stuff

Just out of interest - why two Reloop Contour Interface editions? Could you not just use one interface edition and one controller edition?

Tech Guru

I have a new unopened S4 for sale if you're interested
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by skulpture View Post
    Just out of interest - why two Reloop Contour Interface editions? Could you not just use one interface edition and one controller edition?
    I've actually got one IE and one CE, but finding an image of the CE rather than just duplicating the IE was just far too much effort for me :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast