Mixtrack Pro 2 / Kontrol S2 / Ergo-K for beginners

Default Mixtrack Pro 2 / Kontrol S2 / Ergo-K for beginners

Hey guys,

since few weeks I've been thinking about buying a controller because I want to start djing finally
    But after reading plenty of reviews and rifling through threads I couldn't make a decision which controller would be the best for me to start with.
    There are three controllers my focus lies on: the new Numark Mixtrack Pro 2, and two older ones, the NI Traktor Kontrol S2 and the Pioneer DDJ Ergo-K (that looks great )

So, can you help me with my decision, posting f.e. pros / cons and lead me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

ViSTiE

Welcome the forums!
    What program do you use? The s2 would work really good with traktor, and the others with serato/virtual dj ( i think )
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Didz View Post
    Welcome the forums!
    What program do you use? The s2 would work really good with traktor, and the others with serato/virtual dj ( i think )
    Thanks for your answer. In the past, I played a little with Virtual DJ but without controller. It's solid program.
    But apart from that, I don't use any other dj software.
    Yes that's right, the S2 comes with the full version of Traktor Pro 2.5 and the possibility to upgrade to 2.6.
    The Ergo-K only features Traktor LE but is also compatible with Serato I think.
    And the Mixtrack Pro 2 comes with Serato Intro but should handle VDJ and Traktor as well concerning mapping.
    I only know that there are many tutorials for Traktor on YouTube and there is even a book called "Traktor Bible".
    But honestly, the dj program isn't absolutely important for me. I like to have a reasonable controller that can give me the best learning experiences in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by ViSTiE View Post
    Thanks for your answer. In the past, I played a little with Virtual DJ but without controller. It's solid program.
    But apart from that, I don't use any other dj software.
    Yes that's right, the S2 comes with the full version of Traktor Pro 2.5 and the possibility to upgrade to 2.6.
    The Ergo-K only features Traktor LE but is also compatible with Serato I think.
    And the Mixtrack Pro 2 comes with Serato Intro but should handle VDJ and Traktor as well concerning mapping.
    I only know that there are many tutorials for Traktor on YouTube and there is even a book called "Traktor Bible".
    But honestly, the dj program isn't absolutely important for me. I like to have a reasonable controller that can give me the best learning experiences in the long run
    Then i think either the mixtrack pro 2 or the s2

Then i think either the mixtrack pro 2 or the s2
    okay.. and why? It's not convincing :P

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Welcome the forums!
    All of this can work pretty well in Traktor, ofc as long as they are mapped properly

@Stewe: thats true, the mapping is essential for the right control of the software.

But like I said, the controller is more important for me than the software. And certainly, these controllers have advantages and disadvantages. So this is my deal to find the right one for me

Quote Originally Posted by ViSTiE View Post
    okay.. and why? It's not convincing :P
    The pads on the mixtrack pro 2 looks really nice, but the s2 got HID in traktor