Is the Behringer BCD2000 a mixer as well?
    Tech Convert

Default Is the Behringer BCD2000 a mixer as well?

Hi,

I need a new mixer and i want one with EQs for each channel for my two turntables. Ive seen this http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD2000.aspx second hand for a good price, I know its a controller, but it also says' complete dj setup including mixer' so could I use this as the controller but also as a traditional 'mixer' with the EQs etc when i want to use my decks with traktor scratch? Thanks!

Tech Mentor

No

It needs a computer running some DJ software to act as a "mixer"

The BCD2000, from what I can tell, is a 6 in / 4 out USB audio interface with an EQ section and FX controls, as well as a couple of jogwheels. The one downside to it is that you can't use it with a pair of CDJs, as only one input is switchable to Line level; it'll happily support a pair of turntables though, assuming you're using Traktor/Serato. It WON'T work as an analog mixer (without a laptop).

It doesn't work with a 64 bit OS either... The 2000 is a bit of a nightmare on newer machines.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's 2 in (phono - phono/line) and 2 out (master - headphones). And yes, you'll need computer running.

The bcd2000/3000 are both 2 channel midi controllers much like the S2. The 3000 is the better choice as the 2000 has some driver issues. I don't know about the 2k but the 3k has a built in soundcard so you don't need an audio 2/4/6 etc.

Pretty solid beginner controller/mixer for dvs.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The bcd2000/3000 are both 2 channel midi controllers much like the S2. The 3000 is the better choice as the 2000 has some driver issues. I don't know about the 2k but the 3k has a built in soundcard so you don't need an audio 2/4/6 etc.

Pretty solid beginner controller/mixer for dvs.
    BCD2000 has the same audio interface as 3k. Don't know about 2k drivers but 3k runs great on win xp and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    BCD2000 has the same audio interface as 3k. Don't know about 2k drivers but 3k runs great on win xp and 7.
    2k doesn't work with 64bit Windows 7... Or any 64bit OS...

I spent a year or two having to use a painfully old laptop to use it...

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=28800

32-bit USB ASIO/MIDI driver:

Adapted for BCD2000

Running on Windows XP (32-bit)

Restrictions on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit): Driver installation has to be repeated in ‘compatibility mode’ if an error message appears while first installation try

No support for Windows 7 (64-bit)

Fixes a problem concerning isochronous streams on Intel 82801FB/FBM host controller (used on many mainboards nowadays, e.g. DELL Optiplex GX280)

BCD2000-driver-setup-1-1-1-0.exe

Tech Guru

I'm the DJ product Manager for Behringer and I highly recommend you do not purchase the BCD2000. We have a much newer line of MIDI controllers coming out in the next month or so that we will support for years going forward, you'll get a 3 year warranty from the start, and they'll be bundled with contemporary software (Deckadance 2 LE).

If you must make a purchase right now, there are many solid entry level controllers out there that will give you a better overall experience.

The BCD2000 was great when it was released in 2005, but it's going to be a problem for you now.