Juggle Mode question

Default Juggle Mode question

Hello
    I've been playing with my new VCI-100 with the latest firmware upgrade and SE overlay...I LOVE IT. Thanks for all your hard work!

Question:

While in Juggle mode...if PLAY is off is there a way to engage it without having to turn off juggle mode and press PLAY? Sometimes I like to engage PLAY while holding down a CUE but its irritating to have to restart from my cue point by hitting play.
    I know that if you're holding down on cue and you click play with the mouse it will engage the track to continue...but theres got to be a way to do it with the VCI...
    Does that make sense? Thanks

Tech Guru

i dont really see a good layout that would make this possible, not does it seem a common enough use case to complicate things. in theory one could setup a mode where you use the lower 8 button on the deck in focus.

i have done something like this to be able to use 8 hot cues for a given deck. you could just as well make this mode give you a play button instead of one of the hot cues. but my solution requires bome midi translator.

what i would find kind of cool, but i am not sure if this is possible without bome's is if the juggle button would turn of juggle mode while holding if the juggle knob is turned to on. this way one could quickly temporarily get out of juggle mode.
    Last edited by lsmith; 08-16-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

When you hold the CUEbutton and you want it to play continuously, just disengage juggle mode - release the CUEbutton, and voila it's playing on - and if you still want to juggle up that track, just reengage juggle mode

Tech Guru

Ah right, which means it would be awesome to be able to temporarily disengage the juggle mode by holding the juggle button, so that you dont need to mess with the juggle knob.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Thanks, Rallevondalle. Thats what I was looking for! Although interesting that the play light isnt on in Traktor once your cue plays out...

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    Ah right, which means it would be awesome to be able to temporarily disengage the juggle mode by holding the juggle button, so that you dont need to mess with the juggle knob.
    If you want to? This works perfectly for me though, so I'm not messing any more with it hehe

And no sweat with the hint, it's what this forum is all about