KW181 - Fit in car?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KW181 - Fit in car?

Any KW181 owners out there??

I am buying a set of k12's and a KW181 tomorrow. (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

However, I am not able to get a hold of someone with a van or pickup and wanted to know if the sub would fit in my car. I own a 2003 Acura TL Type S.

I highly doubt it would fit in the car while it's boxed, but I am hoping it fits without the box. (Front Seat, Rear Seat, Trunk??). I don't want to waste a trip because it did not fit in the car.

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by papo; 02-06-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Tech Mentor

Find the measurements of the sub, then get a box the same size (or just a measuring tape) to see if it will fit. Most likely, your best bet will be the front seat. I have an EV Live X 18" sub, and it just BARELY fits in the front seat of my Honda Civic Coupe... but it fits.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

So what you're saying is next time I am in Miami we can really piss your neighbors off even more?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    So what you're saying is next time I am in Miami we can really piss your neighbors off even more?
    yes sir!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Find the measurements of the sub, then get a box the same size (or just a measuring tape) to see if it will fit. Most likely, your best bet will be the front seat. I have an EV Live X 18" sub, and it just BARELY fits in the front seat of my Honda Civic Coupe... but it fits.
    Thanks, Brock. I'll try it today before I make the trip. I'm afraid I don't have a box that. Just going to check with a measuring tape.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    I'm afraid I don't have a box that. Just going to check with a measuring tape.
    You could mock up something with cardboard. That's what I did when I was planning my current sound system. Tape measures really don't give the picture of the whole box at once.

Alternatively, you could run to your local home improvement megamart and rent a pickup for a couple hours...or hit up any car rental place for a pickup, minivan, or cargo van. For <$40 you would have no worries.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Post pictures if you do manage to fit it in your car!

will do! I am surprised I was not able to find a picture anywhere on the interwebz

Tech Guru

yo....did it fit???

I had thought about investing in a mini sub (EV) to go with my tops, figured that would the only sub that would fit in a 2 door car. If you could get that to fit, that would be impressive man.

So are you doing some mobile gigs now?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

KW181 should fit in your back seat. I put it in the back of my mazda 626 and a Saturn sl200 before I got my SUV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast