Gilly's simple setup :) u mirin? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    there's progressive house on vinyl?
    (Some of)The best progressive releases are on vinyl.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    how much if you don't mind me asking?
    I don't mind, but I know the creators like to keep it kind of under wraps and let customers know personally.

Lets just say it's less than the DJM-900/2000, Xone 92/DB4/DB2 etc

If you message them through their facebook page they'll be more than happy to provide an exact price

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    (Some of)The best progressive releases are on vinyl.
    Amen!!

This is one of my most prized records

Also managed to pick up a Bedrock Records release #100 limited edition, signed by John Digweed, Henry Saiz and Guy J. One of only 10 released worldwide!

Full of win
    Used Record Shopper

Quote Originally Posted by gilly View Post
    Amen!!

Also managed to pick up a Bedrock Records release #100 limited edition, signed by John Digweed, Henry Saiz and Guy J. One of only 10 released worldwide!
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

How do you mix with that mixer actually ?
    Just increase and decrease phono 1 & 2 as if they were line faders or what ?

Tech Wizard

Yup exactly, it's just a case of knowing your tunes well so you don't get any major bassline or chord clashes etc, I.e. mixing during the breakdown of a track or something similar.

It has got a 2 band EQ on the master out so you can avoid bass clashes and sub overload if necessary.

The beauty of a rotary mixer is the smoothness of the dials and linearity of the volune curve, they really allow very fine level adjustment. It might sound weird, but using rotaries you feel like you can kind of mould the tracks together with just the use of volume.

Tech Mentor

Great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly View Post
    Amen!!

isn't this more deep house/minimal/ambient? cause these days when people talk progressive house they usually refer to stuff like this

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    isn't this more deep house/minimal/ambient? cause these days when people talk progressive house they usually refer to stuff like this
    That's what beatport calls progressive these days I suppose, I don't want to make anyone angry but I think tunes like that are just uptempo pop tunes written to a formula to please the masses. To be fair the track I posted was a down tempo prog track (great opener haha) but it comes from the heyday of prog music in the late 90's till early 00's.

Again this is all just my opinion and I'm not trying to force it on anyone (though I really must recommend the "northern exposure" mix cd from Sasha and Digweed which I drew the track from)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast