Beat mash/slice on S4

Default Beat mash/slice on S4

Hello, while l was recently testing some equipment, specifically the DDJ – SX, I kind of fell in love with the beat slice option utilizing the eight finger pads at the bottom of the controller. It accomplishes what Ean Golden demonstrates in his Midi Fighter (how to make build-ups/drama) demo. I've been eyeing the S4 or the VCI-400 for a while. My question is this: Can I do this on an S4? Do you need the F1? I've seen the same type of on the fly remixing where you can grab a kick drum and/or snare, slap on some FX, on the VCI-400 where the eight finger pads are mapped to do so. I'm relatively new to DDJing and have been working with djay4 on my mac only for a while. I thirst for more now and find this particular feature very desirable. So what do you think? How can I accomplish this? I am committed to Traktor, and want nothing to do with the DDJ-SX which seems to have a lot of problems as a new product? The VCI-400 seems the best controller, but I have no experience mapping, and like the idea that I can use the Traktor bible with the S4. So, can I accomplish the beat slice/mash stuff on both, and which controller? Thanks.

Tech Mentor

Hello
    Basically you can map all this in traktor on every controller but it take some time to learn. The easiest way is to download a mappings. (Beaubryte one s are very well done) for learning what do what etc...