Making your own remix set
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Making your own remix set

Hi DJ Tech Toolers,
    Anyone out there making good loops or samples in ableton? I've been trying but haven't got anything sounding nearly as good as the ones NI has given me in the free remix packs.

I usually just take cool sounds/vocals from tracks and acapellas that I encounter while djing and add them to my remix set straight from traktor. just keep your ears open for samples while your playing and i'm sure you'll find tonnes of cool sounds in the songs your spinning
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    I usually just take cool sounds/vocals from tracks and acapellas that I encounter while djing and add them to my remix set straight from traktor. just keep your ears open for samples while your playing and i'm sure you'll find tonnes of cool sounds in the songs your spinning
    He's got it. I'll take a minute to sequence a drum loop from time to time, but for the most part finding cool sounds is a better way to get into building remix decks, than to try and jump into producing your own sounds.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

i'm making a couple of trance fx, perc type ones atm using some vengeance packs and percussion type stuff. good may to get used to making these as well
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

remixdeckset.com all user submitted.

Im very orientated in adding pops, whizzes and blips into beats on maschine. A bit of beat delay and bitcrusher and they sound pretty good imho. Im a pops/whizz/blips/chiptune type fan mind, but they work well with trap/dubstep in drumming routines. They are all from NI mind, but you can arrange stuff from different kits to make some sweet stuff.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

ya, once you get the hang of it making your own is a piece of cake. easy enough to drag n drop to a new set from the basic NI ones as well.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Try not to add lots of effects such as delay an reverb because it might not loop right.

Obviously this does not apply to one shots. But with one shots make sure you export them and leave space for any reverb and delay.

Tech Wizard

I'm working on building some remix decks currently I have made a few from different parts of songs but am looking to make different synth, bass and drum parts to add in to make my own remixes. I have a feeling I just need a little more practice at using ableton. So far so good I can't wait to get my F1 and really start going hard at it!

If your creating your own lps with your own sounds make sure you get a good mix and add some software mastering to them to bring them up in level (RMS) to match everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast