Just received Spectra, it's not working
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Just received Spectra, it's not working

Hey there,

I just received my Midi Fighter Spectra this morning and I'm having problems with it. The MF Util just displays 'No Midi Fighter Detected'. I've tried it in both USB ports as well as in OS X and Windows (on a 2012 MacBook Pro 15") and no luck.

When plugged in, the first button lights up white, and sequentially each button lights as the previous one is pressed. After all 16 have been pressed once, the top left and the one below stay lit blue.

I also don't seem to be getting any MIDI input registering in Ableton.

I've reached out to DJTT but I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions to resolve this.

Just to clarify, I don't need to download anything other than MF Utility right? I just downloaded that and plugged it in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flowbik View Post
    Hey there,

I just received my Midi Fighter Spectra this morning and I'm having problems with it. The MF Util just displays 'No Midi Fighter Detected'. I've tried it in both USB ports as well as in OS X and Windows (on a 2012 MacBook Pro 15") and no luck.

When plugged in, the first button lights up white, and sequentially each button lights as the previous one is pressed. After all 16 have been pressed once, the top left and the one below stay lit blue.

I also don't seem to be getting any MIDI input registering in Ableton.

I've reached out to DJTT but I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions to resolve this.

Just to clarify, I don't need to download anything other than MF Utility right? I just downloaded that and plugged it in.

Thanks
    i notice when i plug things into USB for the first time its best to let them sit a minute for the device to be detected and drivers to be installed before playing with it

*also visit download link under spectra, make sure you have the latest utility installed, 2.3 i think is the latest*
    Last edited by secretseven; 02-04-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: utility

Tech Convert

I am having the same problem with mine.
    I just tried following the manual set up instructions and all I get is the l.e.d's flash colors no menu mode.

any help would be much appreciated.

Tech Convert

Just getting some assistance with it from Chris at DJTT. The support is great, but we haven't got it sorted yet. I'll post back with an update.

Tech Convert

I seemed to make some progress but now it is just stuck on bootloader mode and neither of my laptops will recognize it .

Tech Convert

What exactly did you do?

Tech Convert

At first it did the light thing like you said in your first post and then after I restarted it, it seemed to work fine so I tried to do the firmware update as mentioned in this post http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=66784 and all the lights went off. Now my utility wont recognize that it is connected and it just show the blue bootloader pattern.

Tech Convert

Hmm yeah it's a puzzling one.

Mine just doesn't seem to be recognized at all. Chris at DJTT recommended flashing with a new hex file but I can't even get that to work, it just won't pick up that anything is attached.

Tech Convert

how do you do that so that I can give it a try?

Tech Convert

Not sure if I'm supposed to share this file but here's the hex file:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33057988/0004000120130128.hex

Reset your MIDI Fighter using the reset button on the bottom with a paperclip or something.

In the MF Utility, go to Tools>MidiFighter>Load Custom Firmware > For a Classic or > Load HEX file.

When I try that I just get an error saying it failed to find a MF.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast