Crossfader Isses when Master Output is Laptop Speakers

Default Crossfader Isses when Master Output is Laptop Speakers

Hi,

Once I put laptop speakers as the master output, the crossfader on my DENON MC300 would not work.
    It only works when I cue music on my headphones. Once the music is played live on laptop speakers,the crossfader function does not work.

I have gone onto traktor pro 2 and ticked yes to showing the crossfader. I have made sure Decks A and B have been highlighted.

I still don't understand what is wrong. Please healp!

Tech Guru

Screenshot of your Traktor Output Routing? It sounds like you have monitor/master the wrong way round.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Yep, also, why would you use the laptop soundcard when the mc3000 has one in it?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I have attached a pic of my output routing.
    I have tried all other ways, the one time I got my crossfader and channel faders to work, cue buttons did not work.
    My understanding is that cue buttons are supposed to be only lit when you want the music played live over speakers right?

The reason I'm not using the Denon soundcard is that I want to play the music I am mixing live. Is this possible without the use of laptop speakers? I'm such a newbie!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

switch to external mode
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by annixgoliath View Post
    I have attached a pic of my output routing.
    I have tried all other ways, the one time I got my crossfader and channel faders to work, cue buttons did not work.
    My understanding is that cue buttons are supposed to be only lit when you want the music played live over speakers right?
    No. The "Cue" button above each fader toggles which channel you want to hear over your headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by annixgoliath View Post
    The reason I'm not using the Denon soundcard is that I want to play the music I am mixing live. Is this possible without the use of laptop speakers? I'm such a newbie!!!
    Either connect some external speakers to your MC3000 through the RCA ports at the back, or just mix on your headphones connected to the front of the controller. Don't use laptop speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    switch to external mode
    Don't switch to external mode. The MC3000 is not a standalone mixer and will not work in external mode.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Ok, well that was easily resolved. If the cue buttons are only meant for the headphones, everything works as its supposed to.

So if I want the music that is being cued in my headphones to play live over any type of speakers, I'm supposed to use the channel fader or the crossfader?

So obviously the crossfader is supposed to switched across when you have cued the track that you want to at the right place to be played while another track plays? This is also done whilst fiddling with the channel faders right?

If that's the case, then I think everything is okay.

Thank you so much!

Tech Guru

Yes, that's how DJing is done