Beginner Remapping, looking for Info
    Tech Wizard

Default Beginner Remapping, looking for Info

Hi there,

I own a VCI-100 SE running FW 1.4. The mapping by DJTT is a huge leap forward from to original Vestax mapping. However, it does not always work well with minimal techno/dry industrial stuff, since it seems to be more directed at electroclash/renegade master/seven nation army sound. Now, I would like to change a few things but lack the knowledge to do so. Is there any other way to do it rather than sort through the TSI in Traktor? Also, I don't have the faintest idea what all those numbers and letters even mean... Is there any beginners guide anywhere?

Things I would like to do:

1. Change the Filter to a normal EQ filter instead of the FX-y thing it is now.
    2. Change the FX presets both in chained and advanced modes.
    3. Use the Gain knobs for something else (like a insta-Gater/insta-BM with Shift or so).
    4. Change the values of the Slicer preset (disable the Pat-thing, use much less Buzz)

I barely managed to do what the DJTT manual says and delete the lines in order to make the vol faders control FX parameter 2 instead of D/W.

Any tips for starting of on making one's own custom mapping based on the DJTT .tsi?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Tech Wizard

Yeah, wrong forum. I am very sorry. Can a mod move this, pleease?

Tech Wizard

Ehy I have a vci 100 and I just have done (and not finished yet...) a personal mapping (uìi have take a lot of ideas from ean...but i did it again from zero with same changes....) I can send it to you!!
    When I started to remap the djtt mapping I was without any idea. So first make a good plan on everything you wnt to do...this is sooo important.
    The first difficult I had was to find the right choice on how to set up modifiers.
    I was a beginner but after one week workin on them I almost became a pro in that. You can donwload mine and try it by your self!(one thing i can say you is that the two button inside the "mixer overlay" of vci activate beatmasher and the gater...soooo cool in my opinion....)
    Let me know,
    CC

Tech Wizard

Hey,

Thank you! I am definitely interested! Based on Ean's, well that's the plan since 90% of the mapping is just perfect, just a little bit of tweaking and I'm dandy.

Still no clue. Opening the TSI in a text editor didn't help either. Learning by doing doesn't look too promising. So yeah, maybe your mapping might give me a bit of insight. So far, not a clue. I found the filter entries but have no idea what they do. What exactly do modifiers modify? What's up with the cryptic button address codes (CH01.CC.023 f.ex.)...

Good bye, spare time!

Cheers

Tech Student

Actually it is pretty simple.
    Your first point for example:
    You press "add in" and choose a command.
    Then you press learn and press the button or turn the knob whichever you want to associate with the command. Remember to turn learn off again.
    Now type of controller should be pretty obvious. (Jogwheels are encoders.) Interaction mode can be more tricky. For buttons toggle switches between on and off. Hold means you have to hold the button to have effect. Direct sets a specific value to a command. Inc increases value, dec decreases. Assignment determines which deck the command is given to.
    For filter you press add in, choose mixer, filter. Press learn, turn the filter knob on your controller, press learn again. Choose fader/knob from type, direct from mode, and deck A for example from assginment.
    Now lets say for whatever reason you want to make it so, that filter knob only works when you hold scratch button. You add in a modifier. Associate it with the scratch button the same way as before. Choose hold. and set value to 1. Now when you hold scratch, the value of the modifier is 1. you can see it above the list. Now in filter command you choose modifier. and value 1. Filter now only works when the value of the modifier is 1, thats when you hold scratch.
    With add out you can have LEDs light up on your controller. Everything is basically the same, but you cant use the learn function. I dont know about vestax, but with hercules theres a midi mapper utility which can also be used to see the codes for each led.
    Hope it helps, and hope Im not mistaken with something, as im a beginner myself

Tech Wizard

Modifiers:if you can understand how to use it you can do everything. For example you have a jogwheel? you want that it controls basic function as a normal cdj and then when you press a button it controls other things...for example an fx. This can be possible thanks to a modifiers applyed on the button you push to chang the mapping. For example you set a modifiers on button A, everytime you hold it (set with "hold") you change the value of that modifier. So you can set the jogwheel like this:
    jogwheel: modifiers M1=0 (controls tempo bend for example)
    jogwheel: modifiers M1=1 (controls fx amount)
    this mean that when you don't hold the button where you set the modifiers you just use the jogwheel for tempo bend.
    instead while you hold it the jogwheel controls the fx amount!
    I will post here my tsi file when my pc came back from one my friends

Tech Wizard

Thanks to both of you! You've helped me a great deal. Learn + press button, nice, that's handy. Now I need to solve the mystery of the modifiers. Tried a few things, made a mess, reverted, retried, made a mess again. This just needs more time, I'm vaguely on the right track.

Thanks again, people!

Tech Wizard

this is an old thread BUTTTT just wanna give thanks to spokukit & Cameluntu for laying this out there!! It helped me de-code some of this mapping language - great thread!
    13" MBP 4GB RAM // Kontrol S4 // MF3D // V-Moda LP II's // Rokit 6's // Sony MDR-V700's