General Mapping Question to Route Effects
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default General Mapping Question to Route Effects

DJTT - I'm working on a MidiFighter 3D mapping and am trying to learn the ropes as I go...never mapped before and thought to give it a shot based on how I use everyone else's 3D mappings.

As of now, it's going much better than anticipated, which is cool but I wanted to ask how you map a button on the 3D, or any controller to route the effect to say effect 1, 2, 3 or 4. As of now, the mapping works with all 4 routes on, but if they are off for whatever reason, I want to make sure my mapping turns them on so every time you hit that button it would work.

What do I need to add in to achieve this?

Thanks for your help. I'm hopeful the simple mapping will be updated within a week or so...

--Steve
    MacBook w/ OS X 10.7.5; Traktor Pro 2.6 (Product Owner); Traktor Kontrol s4 w/ Flight Case; MidiFighter 3D; Numark Omni Control (4 Sale); AiAiAi TMA-1 Beatport Edition; Sennheiser HD 205 & Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone as Backups

Current Progressive/Electro/Vocal House Mixes: http://DJSteveLozzi.podomatic.com

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Add in > Mixer > FX Unit ON / assign for deck

Thanks Stewe.

Let me try that. I'll keep in touch.

While thinking about this, what would the mapping be for assigning the effects to a Deck. As of now i think they are all defaulted to A but I'd like them to also work on B when the Deck Bank is selected across the top of the MidiFighter 3D.

Appreciate the help...just trying to get the hang of mapping...
    MacBook w/ OS X 10.7.5; Traktor Pro 2.6 (Product Owner); Traktor Kontrol s4 w/ Flight Case; MidiFighter 3D; Numark Omni Control (4 Sale); AiAiAi TMA-1 Beatport Edition; Sennheiser HD 205 & Monoprice Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone as Backups

Current Progressive/Electro/Vocal House Mixes: http://DJSteveLozzi.podomatic.com

Seem like your units are assigned as 'target deck' and if your deck A is currently in focus this command will always affect that deck. That's why I said you should assign deck target for corresponding Unit ON command.

Try changing target deck option in to any of decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Seem like your units are assigned as 'target deck' and if your deck A is currently in focus this command will always affect that deck. That's why I said you should assign deck target for corresponding Unit ON command.

Try changing target deck option in to any of decks.
    Thanks Stewe. Everything was set to focus. Your suggestion makes sense, but since this is my first mapping, I just mapped a side shirt button to control the focus deck. I am hopeful to put this mapping up soon as a BETA to get some thoughts, suggestions, etc. If it goes over well, then I'd have to remap what I currently have based on your suggestion to people can toggle using the top bank buttons.

Another question. I tried mapping over the default mapping in TP2 to assign a series of effects to the shift/left d/w knob. It appears I could not do anything of the like without overwriting the default; more so it was not allowing me to implement the shift knob idea.

Any thoughts on how to map in unison with the s4 default?

Thanks again...much appreciated.

Yes, you will have to edit default mapping in order to map new functions and keep them not to clash with each other. But before starting to map effect selectors in 3D make sure to import S4 TSI twice from big import button including effect settings so when you get to mapping 3D your effect list will set up to S4.

Thanks Stewe. I tried to add a few commands to the default mapping, but when I was pressing shift then d/w that was not an allowable command. It first showed "Shift" as the learned command and then showed D/W as the learned command. Is that simply not an allowable mapping? I'm trying to map the Army of Me Drama Sweep to an available knob. Since none are really available, I figured using a shift modifier would be best.

Am I missing something? Thoughts?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by DJSteveLozzi28 View Post
    ...but when I was pressing shift then d/w that was not an allowable command. It first showed "Shift" as the learned command and then showed D/W as the learned command. Is that simply not an allowable mapping?
    It's one of S4 disadvantages - you can't map any button type command to knob. Did you try to map this in MIDI mode? I'm not S4 user btw and just telling you what I've heard.

I haven't tried midi mode yet. Will keep you posted if that works...

Thanks again...

Stewe - this may be off topic, but I realized in a few MF3D mappings that the FX tail off when a button is released. I'm assuming that's from a direct d/w shut off. Quick question 1 - is that accurate and/or 2 - how would I map that command to create the tail at the end of an effect?

Thanks, as always...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast