Help, Beach party problem!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help, Beach party problem!

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place to post this because I'm new here but hopefully somebody will see this and can help me. I'm going to be spinning on the beach next week and I'm trying to figure out a cheap solution to get power. I don't need much power ( running Macbook, S2, and 150w speakers, 150w sub) I know I can rent a generator that runs on gas, but I was looking for a different solution then that. Anybody have any suggestions? Maybe a battery powered source?

You can rent a quiet Honda generator for $40. Other than that, good extension cords that lock together will cost you $100+ easy. Those are your only, truly plausible, options
    http://soundcloud.com/kamcoolidge

VCI-400 EGE - Macbook Pro 13" - Traktor Pro 2 - Lots of Lights

I was going to say a bag of hamster food, 15 hamsters and a few wheels......
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Guru

Another option would be to run an inverter from a car. You can get one that will give you 1000 watts for not huge amounts of cash.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Mentor

its not about the wattage, it is about the current. Rent the honda generator, I run a quite Honda generator that can barely be heard from 10 feet away without music.

Tech Mentor

Just rent a generator. Buy far the best and safest option.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Thanks everybody for the help, I really appreciate it! I'll probably either rent the honda generator or do the inverter and buy a new car battery for my car lol.

Don't buy a car battery; get a couple of deep-cycle marine batteries (even second hand ones), and charge them up beforehand. Should give you a good few hours of playtime per battery

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Don't buy a car battery; get a couple of deep-cycle marine batteries (even second hand ones), and charge them up beforehand. Should give you a good few hours of playtime per battery
    What happens when they run out and the party is still going? A generator you can put gas in and be back in business. Rent a generator for $50 or buy batteries and and inverter for $300. No brainer.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

get a 4x4 truck use it to drive your equipment on the beach use a power inverter or if that 4x4 truck has a badass sound system well.... lay tarp or carpet down before you setup and hope it isn't windy or rains... have fun cleaning sand out of all your equipment the next day. i no longer take gigs at the beach.... lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast