MF3D Homemade "Stand"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default MF3D Homemade "Stand"

Hello,

I decide to crate a Stand adapted to MF3D just for fun and I decide to share this idea with you.
    The work is actually in progress so I don't now if this will work like I want.

The Idea is to have a "Stand" which can move with the controller.
    So my first hard problem was the conception because at the start I try to make it with that kind of pieces, can't find the word in English so here a picture

But after banging my head on the table nothing goes out with this.

So now the Idea is a basic structure to hold the MF3D. Here is some Pictures:

The next part of the idea is to buy a "BallHead" and put it together with the structure and and and an other plexiglas structure which will be there only for height adjustment

This is a BallHead ->

So now I'm just waiting for my salary to buy this BallHead and tell you if this work

Peace

Nofuture

Worked my usual image magics.

Interesting concept, I really want to see how this will work out!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

yeah this looks pretty sweet! I don't even own a 3D, but this is intriguing.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

I'd HIGHLY recommend this particular ballhead:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Pro-Ca...item1c25c3027e

I use them on all of my tripods and they're absolutely fantastic Also has a quickrelease plate which means you can detach the MF3D if/when you need to

EDIT: In fact, you'd be best off just getting a small tripod with a removable head, fitting the KS-0 ballhead, and then fitting a tripod mount to the bottom of your MF3D :P

Tech Mentor

Thanks for this advice Mcdesign, I'm actually trying to find a shop where I can try these in Geneva but doesn't find any Camera shop with low price ballhead for the moment.

For the quick plate this is not really interesting for me since I don't want to do anything on the Midi Fighter, the Plexiglas part will be put together with the Ballhead.

So 14 days to wait for salary to come ...

Love the idea!!! After reading I might want to build one as well!
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Mentor

Nice I will tell you at the end of this month if this work correctly cause I actually 20 cents on my bank account... hm hm...

It would be really cool if it had some sort of spring in it, so that if you let go of it, it would go back to default position, (center) bit i dunno just some thought
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Mentor

In my case I don't want this happen but if you want you just need a basic spring put together with a support for the base and for the midifighter and I think it's all.

Tech Convert

Default Maybe another possibility...

I used to try putting mine on this ( 51xdoOB46UL.png ) but it wasn't quite tall enough. It's called the PadPivot from Rocketfish. ( AKA Best Buy ) The price is low and I'm sure it could be modified somehow to make it tall enough. The seemingly magic sticky pad on top keeps whatever you press onto it in place pretty darn well. Hope this helps. :-) ( I sold my MF3D to get a KMI QuNEO and I miss my 3D, but alas, one can't have everything. ) Good luck with the project. TT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast