CDJ and MixCDJvibes Cross 2.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default CDJ and MixCDJvibes Cross 2.3

Anyone used Cross 2.3? I've heard it works seamlessly with CDJ's and I really want to get it for my CDJ-350/DJM-350/CDJ-350 set up...but there's not demo version available.

It's only a $100 bucks; but again, with software, it's hard to return if it doesn't work

Any experiences with it?

Virtual DJ is not for me and while Traktor is nice, I find it very hard to use and set up...

Thanks!

Tech Student

I have mixvibes 2.3, using it in HID mode with cdj850's, works perfect + you have "slipmode"

Banned

I currently have the same setup as Mirage. Dontjen what are some pros/cons? I was about to order an Audio 6 to use with Traktor Scratch before coming across this post.

Tech Guru

MIDI mode with the CDJ 350s will probably work better than timecode, so there's no need for an Audio 6 or Traktor Scratch.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    MIDI mode with the CDJ 350s will probably work better than timecode, so there's no need for an Audio 6 or Traktor Scratch.
    A bit confused on a couple of things. Do I need an interface? Do I need to buy the whole Cross package or just the 2.3 update for $100?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    A bit confused on a couple of things. Do I need an interface? Do I need to buy the whole Cross package or just the 2.3 update for $100?
    You don't need an interface as the 350s have built-in sound cards. You can use them as MIDI controllers in pretty much any DJ software. I have no experience with Cross though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Student

It just works It's like you have a normal cd/usb stick in the cdj. You need the full cross version (with or without the soundcard) not the crossdj version.
    It uses the internal pioneer soundcard (you can change that if you want under preferences) from the cdj's.

They have a forum too if you want to know more.

mixvibes has a pretty good support forum too...I moved from serato to mixvibes then to traktor, only thing I didn't like about mixvibes was the music organization which they fixed when they released cross
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

i was just doing some research on the best way to integrate a software package in to my new cdj 900's with rekordbox, key thing for me is i only want to mange 1 library and im focusing on rekordbox as thats the route i want to take (usb - no laptop)!

i only just realised that mixvibes cross seems to be the solution as it fully integrates in to rekordbox and has midi / HID / DVS (for my tt's) + video support!!!!

ive not used it yet but from what ive read it seems to be a bit of a dark horse the feature lists look very capable

are there any other people who are using it ?

another plus point for me is cost as this offsets the high costs of the cdjs, seems like a no brainer hmmmm
    Last edited by MRG12EG; 03-16-2013 at 06:15 AM.

i tested the free version and it doesnt fully integrate with rekordbox

seems like the thing i am actually looking for is "Rekord Buddy" which exports traktor playlist, grids etc to rekordbox. the 1.5 version in dev will be able to go both ways to and from..

so looks like trakor is on the cards but not until Rekord Buddy is out!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast