Midi Mapping help! Total mapping noob here

Default Midi Mapping help! Total mapping noob here

Hey guys! anybody know who the mapping guru is? Well someone who is willing to help me map my MF3D. I just dont like the mappings that are up. Cuz i only use two decks not 4. Can anybody lead me in the right direction.

thanks ya'll!! peace!
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Even if mappings are 4deck nobody is forcing you to use all four decks with those tsi's. Why can't you use just two of them?

its just there is such an uncontrollable urge to press bank buttons 3 and 4, so much that if i dont do it sometimes i think the universe, time and space will implode and there will no longer be a DJTT for human kind.

I believe this so much to be true that even when im playing with NOTHING loaded into deck 3 or 4 i still press those buttons

I feel the urge!! LOL I understand that I i dont need to use all 4 decks. I am just wondering how I can get the most out of the controller. Maybe im just confused on what each bank is. I would like to be able to set it up where, if i needed to I could mix off of it as well. I seen a couple of the TSI files already but I think that there may be an easier way of doing it.....i think.. When it comes to mapping I understand there is a small expectation that you learn to map yourself. I can respect that. However, with my multiple jobs and school work, just thinking about trying map it is exhausting. Maybe im just so used to putting the needle on the record and letting go. Or having dj techtools putting out perfect TSI files ie..vci 100.

I have a DJM-T1 that I would like to map as well. Im just unsure if what is on the MF3D will mess with it too. I aint going to lie fellas..I suck ok... But I am willing to learn and was wondering if I could have someone break it down stupid style.

I keep seeing your name Stewe and it says your the master of mappings LOL so i looks like I found my man. You willing to teach this old dog some new tricks?
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

mapping really is a learn as you go process. because of each dj having different techonlogy IMO
    however that doesnt mean you can TRY and create your own simple, low key mapping
    Just think of something really easy you want to map
    open traktor
    make sure you have NO mappings (TSI) selected or at least back up the ones you have to a seperate folder.

Now take a really small amount of time and try to map say,
    Button #1 = Load next track
    Button #2 = Play/Pause Deck A
    Button #3 = Stop/Cue Deck A

Ok just do that an NOTHING else. Dont get youself so overwhelmed trying to map out a complete setup for what you want.
    You really need to build up to it if you are a novice at it.

I remember taking DAYS to map a new controller but in the end it was WELLLLL worth it.

I mapped a pair of EKS-XP10 units to work with both TRAKTOR Pro, as well as DEKADANCE.
    Use all their buttons and then included SHIFT features for each button (which means each button now has TWO functions)
    And i included a way to hit a button, that slowed the track quickly and then reversed its play at same speed.

Made some really awesome mixes with them

With TSP2.6 now ill need to remap them but at least now i have a better understanding on how to do it.
    However, i run into the same problem you have now...... time is not my friend.

So again, i say, take your time. Do small ones. What you learn as you try it will pay off BIG time as you go along.

If you have a problem, you can ask us. If you are starting from ZERO with NO mapping to work with..... its almost impossible for one of us to give you the leg up on it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Take time to read this http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=113464 it's pretty nice tutorial for mapping newbs in Traktor and should help you a lot to start out. Then when you learn some of basics and you can come up with specific question regarding your mapping development come back, ask and you'll get response you want.

Thanks guys!! much appreciated. Ill give it a go