tips for getting multiple controllers/mappings to play nicely together

Default tips for getting multiple controllers/mappings to play nicely together

What are some tips for getting multiple controllers to work together without conflicting (usually over FX). For the most part, if I'm using BeauBryte's S2 and MF3D mapping they work fine together (obviously built with consideration for each other). They don't step on each other when reusing the same FX unit.

I like Ean's (jam on it) FX configuration, but it trips all over BB's S2 mapping. FX units don't reset and/or unexpected FX get triggered. Unfortunately, per Beaubryte, his MF3D mapping is too complicated to easily swap out some of Ean's FX chains. That being said, I'd like to get Ean's mapping to play nicely with BB's S2 mapping.

What are some scenarios that might be causing the unexpected FX interaction?

Thx
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

OK, after further research I'm seeing that the actual order of the FX can be a source of contention. Can someone shed some light on this? Is it as "simple" as making sure that the FX order (within the mapping) is the same between the conflicting mappings? If so, where would I make these changes?
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xtian317 View Post
    Is it as "simple" as making sure that the FX order (within the mapping) is the same between the conflicting mappings? If so, where would I make these changes?
    Try this:

Install Bryte's map using big IMPORT button (include effect settings) > check 'Effects' tab / FX Pre Selection > write order in effects list somewhere.

Now install MF mapping go to list and rearrange all effects as you have remembered.

If this doesn't help I'm afraid you'll need to manually edit all of effect selectors down in assignment table in controller editor.

Thanks Stewe, this should get me headed in the right direction.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX

Regarding the Effect 1/2/3 Selector and FX Store Preset commands in Traktor 2.6....Before tackling the more complicated 3D mapping, I'm attempting to get my MFPro updated to 2.6 and to work better with other mappings.
    I'm having issues determining the number of FX Store Preset and Effect Selector commands to add

For example -- When one button kicks off an FX chain using multiple FX units (sometimes with multiple modifiers).
    I've tried using other/updated mappings as a comparison, but I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason... It doesn't seem like every button, knob, FX unit, or modifier consistently gets either/both commands.
    Is there a consistent way to determine what action gets a Preset or Selector command?

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX

After much ado over the last few weeks (you know it's bad when you find yourself dreaming about FX routings), I pretty much have a working setup of an MF3D (w/ Ean's mapping), an MFPro CM (flashflooder's mapping), and an S2 (beaubryte's mapping).
    I still have some FX routing issues to work out, but it's working rather well...and is pretty effin' sick!

One thing I can't figure out with the MF3D. There are two pages of FX, but I'm only able to access 1. I can toggle between the two pages, but the FX aren't on the 2nd page. In the mapping, there are selectors for the 2nd page but they're tied to the page toggle button/note and not the actual buttons/knobs where they'd be triggered from. It's not a huge issue because I have more than enough FX possibilities between the 3 controllers. It's just something I'm lost on.

Thanks to BeauBryte and Stewe for all your help!

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX