First recorded mix
    Tech Convert

Default First recorded mix

Just wanting to get some feedback on this short mix. Been bedroom DJing for ~1 month now, using CDJs. There are a couple of mistakes I'm aware of, but I was wanting to get more general feedback i.e. techniques used etc.

Thanks!

you want to know what i have found is the best thing to do to REALLY help you rehurse, or just get better with pratice?
    You have to specifically set aside a timeslot during each week. take about 30 minutes the day before to prepare your music for it.
    Then the next day, actually start playing / recording, and DONT STOP til you get to the end
    say setup 1hour to record.
    if you mess up, dont stop
    if you make a mistake, dont stop

just keep recording, you only have an hour.

THen listen to it for a few days afterwards.
    Next week, setup a new bunch of music yuo want to use and on the follow up day, record it all again.

If you set aside a basic "EXCERSICE" time and place, you can only get better at it.

Taking the time to prepare your music before the set helps you really understand the songs before you play them so you get to know your music (As you should)

Welcome to the forums
    Listening too it now, sounds good!
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    you want to know what i have found is the best thing to do to REALLY help you rehurse, or just get better with pratice?
    You have to specifically set aside a timeslot during each week. take about 30 minutes the day before to prepare your music for it.
    Then the next day, actually start playing / recording, and DONT STOP til you get to the end
    say setup 1hour to record.
    if you mess up, dont stop
    if you make a mistake, dont stop

just keep recording, you only have an hour.

THen listen to it for a few days afterwards.
    Next week, setup a new bunch of music yuo want to use and on the follow up day, record it all again.

If you set aside a basic "EXCERSICE" time and place, you can only get better at it.

Taking the time to prepare your music before the set helps you really understand the songs before you play them so you get to know your music (As you should)
    Thank you. I'm pretty much doing this already to be honest - since I don't go back to uni for another month I have a LOT of spare time.