Audio interface general questions
    Tech Convert

Default Audio interface general questions

i am looking for a usb audio interface for my set up but i am noob and confused about what i really need, i dont know how exactly i could use some inputs/outputs of the soundcard
    balanced/unbalanced/trs/xlr/line/phono/Headache

i have Maschine and a midi keyboard,i will not use other instruments such as guitar,i want something with low latency,midi in/out,balanced outputs for monitors and inputs through which i could connect an external cd player or dj controller(?)

i dont know what i could connect to the balanced trs inputs that many interfaces have and if i need them

lets say that i have a dj controller with traktor and built-in soundcard,is there any way to connect the controller to the usb soundcard and record/get a loop in my daw?

mic inputs: you can use a mic but most have also a choice of Line or Instrument,so what else could i connect here?for instruments i know that you can connect a guitar for example but in "line mode"?could you connect a cd player to get sound?the sound quality would be ok?

i am looking for the following:
    -Focusrite scarlett 8i6: many complaints about drivers but seem to be solved with latest updates(?)
    -Komplete audio 6: cant monitor 3/4 output (-)
    -Steinberg UR22: only mic/midi inputs (-)
    -Roland quad capture: cant control volume of headphones and monitors seperately (-)

also most interfaces are usb powered,is it stable or it is better to choose an interface with external power?

thanks
    Last edited by AxWELL; 02-10-2013 at 04:56 AM.

you have alot of choices i have had some amazing results with both presonus and focusrite... the preamps on the saffire are amazing, if you ever decide to record any live instruments. the presonus firewire series are amazing aswell, their usb ones are good too like the audio box, but them seem to have slightly less low end in my experience. the NI audio series are also great. all 3 are built stronger then most nuclear bunkers.

you can also shell out for some fancy RME or apogee stuff too.

Tech Convert

this article helped me a lot to understand some basic things about connections:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/2...dj-essentials/

also i read that you can sync ableton with traktor and some other usefull articles about this integration,so i decided for now to stay with everything i already have and start practicing and when i will be sure about what i really need i will check my choices again

Quote Originally Posted by AxWELL View Post
    this article helped me a lot to understand some basic things about connections:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/2...dj-essentials/

also i read that you can sync ableton with traktor and some other usefull articles about this integration,so i decided for now to stay with everything i already have and start practicing and when i will be sure about what i really need i will check my choices again
    best idea