Epic vocal build up!! **how can i do this in traktor???**
    Tech Wizard

Default Epic vocal build up!! **how can i do this in traktor???**

at 21:43 Nicky Romero starts We are your friends vocal... then he goes on to loop it at 21:59... he then seems to pitch it upwards... from there untill the drop...

How can I do this on a S2 with Traktor?

PLEASE HELP

he's using the pitch fader and no keylock
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Guru

With Traktor and a S2, prob best bet is to loop it possibly cut it in half a few times as it pitches up for the effect, then map the key button to a knob and turn that, add some filter and maybe a freeze to give it a tail. Doing it this way would keep everything in time, using the pitch fader w/ no keylock is def easier and would sound good depending on if you micro-loop it to the point where the sound is unrecognizable and therefore has no rythm, you would also have to make sure your pitch fader resolution is high enough to create the desired "lift-off" sound before it gets maxed out, in other words wouldnt want it set at 8%
    Last edited by manchild; 02-13-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Just loop it the amount of desired beats and then use transpose stretch on the vocals track.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Tech Wizard

sweet thanks for the help! I will try some of these out and see which I like best

I love how he doesn't even use the headphones. He has practiced this exact set before. Not much fun IMO.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

He's grabbing a micro loop and messing with pitchbending and tempo fader. This can be done exactly the same way in Traktor.

An easier way, which doesn't require screwing around with the jogwheel like a maniac to keep it in time (which is what he's doing at the start of that bit), is to turn sync and keylock on, set your loop, then use Traktor's key function (map it to a knob or just use your mouse) and crank it as required.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's funny that I designed a whole mapping page based on looping, plooping, key, transpose, F92-0 macro and FX combos on top. What he's doing here is barely scratched the surface