Festivals (UK)

Thread: Festivals (UK)

Default Festivals (UK)

Wondering what festivals people might be attending this summer.

Ive got planned.....

We are FSTVL
    Global Gathering
    SW4

And a trip to Ibiza to throw in there as well, if i can get the leave.

Anyone else attending?
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Planning on going to Cocoon in The Park and hopefully Ibiza in September
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    Planning on going to Cocoon in The Park and hopefully Ibiza in September
    Would you recommend Ibiza ? Looking to go on a party holiday with 4 friends somewhere in the mediterranean.
    Please note that I am 18 and currently do not have a gf.
    Also clubs with dubstep, dnb, deep/tech house, garage would be preferred, or is it top 40 all the way ?

Im struggling to get abroad this year, and time off work is tough to come by around festival times as its when a lot of people with fmailies are taking time off, but I am hoping to attend Parklife @ Heaton Park in Manchester; got some good dj's lined up for this year, and I heard a lot of good things about it last year... plus I already know that I have that weekend off. WIN!
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Would you recommend Ibiza ? Looking to go on a party holiday with 4 friends somewhere in the mediterranean.
    Also clubs with dubstep, dnb, deep/tech house, garage would be preferred, or is it top 40 all the way ?
    Hell yeah, definitely recommend Ibiza, no contest for Summer holiday night life in the World IMHO and definitely not Top40 all the way! Pretty much all genres of Dance music are covered.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Wondering what festivals people might be attending this summer.

Ive got planned.....

We are FSTVL
    Global Gathering
    SW4

And a trip to Ibiza to throw in there as well, if i can get the leave.

Anyone else attending?
    Nice, GG always has a great lineup and FSTVL looks excellent too.

I'm going to my local festival, just up the road - Glastonbury - the daddy of Festivals

Also a festival: Freshfields which is down on the South Coast, which I'm also DJing at.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post

WOOOOOAH, No Top 40 in sight my friend!!

The main thing out there is House, though in recent years its had some more genre's having big nights. The main strip in san antonio is pretty standard Med holiday resort affair with cheap booze and neon lights, and the main clubs usually have big headliners on rotation throughout the summer. Plus with the boat parties and little raves held all over the place, its a banging place to be going.

The main clubs are extremely expensive mind, if you're drinking.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Nice, GG always has a great lineup and FSTVL looks excellent too.

I'm going to my local festival, just up the road - Glastonbury - the daddy of Festivals

Also a festival: Freshfields which is down on the South Coast, which I'm also DJing at.

Freshfields eh? I'll have to look it up!

I missed out last year on far too much stuff apart from a last minute ibiza trip, but this year the plan is book ahead, and if i cant make it flog the tickets or get the dosh back on insurance. Too many time last year sat on the weekend of some festival thinking ''i wish id bought tickets now''