(New Update!) DJTT Kontrol S4 v2.0 Official Mapping Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Psycho

Wow, nice one, superfaders at best!

Quote Originally Posted by beaubryte View Post
    That's a great idea for the next update, Gonna test out various effects like delays and reverbs right away.
    I also have the effect set to a modifier that I change with shit + an encoder so I can cycle through different effects and rates.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

DJTT Mapping Psycho

I've tried single FX in unit 4, like a verb, T3 delay and tape delay.
    Gonna do some testing now with grouped FX, maybe I can use the JogFX rack for it.

So far I have this rough concept:

-FootFX has to be using FX 3 or 4
    -Stepping on the foot switch makes the big headphone Cues light up, indicating which decks are set to FootFX
    -While the foot switch is pressed you can use these headphone cue buttons to quickly (dis-)engage a deck
    -Also the FX1 or 2 buttons on the S4 temporarily become the encoders for FootFX
    Or I can map FootFX encoders to more centralized buttons

Still looking for the right effect settings for an effect with a great instant kick in, with an optional encoder to do some additional tweaking.
    In my opinion the FootFX should sound great without using your hands, but I'll make some room for more hands-on controls.

I've tried single FX in unit 4, like a verb, T3 delay and tape delay.
    Gonna do some testing now with grouped FX, maybe I can use the JogFX rack for it.

So far I have this rough concept:

-FootFX has to be using FX 3 or 4
    -Stepping on the foot switch makes the big headphone Cues light up, indicating which decks are set to FootFX
    -While the foot switch is pressed you can use these headphone cue buttons to quickly (dis-)engage a deck
    -Also the FX1 or 2 buttons on the S4 temporarily become the encoders for FootFX
    Or I can map FootFX encoders to more centralized buttons

Still looking for the right effect settings for an effect with a great instant kick in, with an optional encoder to do some additional tweaking.
    In my opinion the FootFX should sound great without using your hands, but I'll make some room for more hands-on controls.
    Sounds pretty killer. As of now I have the Echo Freeze and a Tape Delay Stewe came up with. I prefer to keep anything I want to change on my Jog Fx.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    Sounds pretty killer. As of now I have the Echo Freeze and a Tape Delay Stewe came up with. I prefer to keep anything I want to change on my Jog Fx.
    If you don't mind, please post screen shots of the FX Unit in action , I can use it for testing purposes.

If you don't mind, please post screen shots of the FX Unit in action , I can use it for testing purposes.
    Will do! Out of town for right now, but I should be able to do so tomorrow. I have all of the parameters posted at http://http://forum.djtechtools.com/...ad.php?t=63445

Also after some experimentation I discovered, at least for my keyboard style foot pedal, that the hold function was significantly more reliable than toggle.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you out with.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'd go for some nicely adjusted filter effect there. Probably some crusher to come with techno and (pl)looping.

Or instant plooper of some kind

Personally, I think four banks are better so pedal could do different things in main screen - later on you can expand to encoders or anything you can think of, but that four presets would be the place to start thinking. Something like left shift and hit Cue buttons to select a deck vs hold right shift to change between modes in same controls. A pedal would simply add pre-selected effect preset and modulate the parameters.

On a second thought, this concept can also be applied as four JogFX pages of sub chambers where the pedal follow FX preset value.

DJTT Mapping Psycho

I just released the Mk2 versions of the DJTT S4 and S2 mappings and updated all Mk1 mappings too.

S4 Mk2:https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/2211
    S2 Mk2:https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/2212

I got some time now to design and test the pedalFX again.
    Thanks for the ideas Stewe, I'll keep those in mind.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for this one Beaubryte. Just one issue for me: when I click an empty Hotcue in the Remix Decks C or D, it's always a loop from deck B. I don't understand where is my problem...

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by ifazar View Post
    Thanks for this one Beaubryte. Just one issue for me: when I click an empty Hotcue in the Remix Decks C or D, it's always a loop from deck B. I don't understand where is my problem...

You can set the capture source here:

10051627665_da9a784217_o.jpg