No Audible Sound Output on Kontrol S8
    Tech Wizard

Default No Audible Sound Output on Kontrol S8

Hello!

I've owned a Kontrol 28 for close to 3 years now and its worked flawlessly until now.

Since of late I've not been able to get an audible sound output from either the headphone output or main out on my S8. I've tried this on two macbooks and yet it does not work. I also own a Kontrol Z1 mixer which works fine on both laptops.

Other parts of the S8 are working fine, all midi controls are ok. I even see the volume meters displaying sound, which indicates there is sound output (as this works fine when I switch to the macbook soundcard) I just cant hear anything out of the headphones or main out on the S8. I've configured settings for the outputs correctly on S8 too. (monitor left, right , master left , right)

Sometimes if I restart the laptop and S8 after about 6-7 times it randomly works and its fine again. But over the last few days this has not happened either.

I recently updated the firmware on the S8 to the latest version 80. Could this be the issue ? as this is the only major change I've made to the Kontrol S8. If so how do I restore S8 to factory settings?

I'm on SierraOS 10.12 and running traktor prp 2.11 (latest version) . 2016 retina macbook pro 8gb ram , 256GB hard drive

Greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Ku.

Tech Wizard

Anyone faced this sorta issue before ? Kind desperate. Heard nothing for NI support either ?

Tech Wizard

Just to add to my last email. Again I connected the S8 and sound output did not work.

I opened the control editor then closed it and opened traktor again.. and this time the sound output worked! This is the first time I got it to work in weeks!

Been testing it a few times and it has continued to work. No idea how this is.

Will check again in a few hours to see if it still works and if it doesn't , do you think a fresh install of traktor would help ?

Also if it continues to work do you think I should still do a fresh install or let it be as it is as all drivers and software is upto date.

Appreciate your help.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'd also try a different USB cable.