I bought the wrong product.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I bought the wrong product.

So basically i bought Traktor Pro 2 without knowing that it doesnt accept timecode setup....So now i have a Kontrol S4, 2 Technics 1200's, and timecode vinyl sitting in my room with nothing to do

Does anyone mind trading their TSP2 Serial with me so i dont have to blow the STUPID $119 "upgrade"...

ffs

I can trade my Traktor Pro 2 Serial for a Scratch Serial? If that helps...
    Last edited by tekki; 02-15-2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: made it more suitabl. Like Karlos stated we do not condone illegal actions on this forum!

Tech Mentor

Dude. If someone has a paid scratch upgrade, they have a Traktor serial. Just pay the $119 and do more research before buying something next time.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

@aarondavid , I already advised you on this. This is a common user mistake. It is not in anyway NI's fault that you didn't read the product page properly. But as I have already told you, if you ring NI they might sort this out for you.

And no, the forum does not condone the sharing of Serial numbers. It is a breach of the NI licence.
    Plus what idiot would give you their serial number. You could pass it on to other and get the owner in hot shit.

Seriously, ring NI Reg Support.

Wow that is actually pretty stupid.
    Let me guess, you bought a standalone, most likely coloured timecode pair, with no timecode cds and no software ?

Native Instruments can always deactivate a serial. So you could do that and return TP 2 or sell it, and then get TSP 2.
    It is a hassle tho and will take a few days, contact NI's customer support.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Thread title changed.

Changed OP a bit as well.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

only 119 dollar for the scratch update?

I have been a traktor user for a long time, when Scratch was still free. Eventually found out I had to upgrade it and had to shell out 300 euros. Just pay the 119 dollar...
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

call customer support, if your story checks out, they're usually more than happy to help accomodate you

Tech Mentor

Thanks guys!

I talked with the Native Instruments Call Center people, and he said that i did "originally" purchase the Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Software but for some reason it came through their system as Traktor Pro 2...

So for the inconvenience and they sent me some butter rugs and the proper serial number!

Quote Originally Posted by aarondavid View Post
    Thanks guys!

I talked with the Native Instruments Call Center people, and he said that i did "originally" purchase the Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Software but for some reason it came through their system as Traktor Pro 2...

So for the inconvenience and they sent me some butter rugs and the proper serial number!
    Do you still have the other serial as well ?

And congratz on the butter rugs, I really love mine. But because they 're so thin I'd recommend you readjust the tonearm height.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast