website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Cool website for loops, samples, packs, user generated.

Lets get straight to it. This year i finally have some time to build another new website for music.
    I have attempted to do this one before but never had the time to really get down to getting it full scale.
    This year (starting tonight in another screen while i type this message) i start building a website containing

Loops and Samples and one shots, hits, of all types that someone would need to create say
    a sound pack or even just a place they would like to go to and find in one location, royalty free, audio to use in a full scale production of their own.
    Not to mention Project files for programs like Sonar (Cakewalk) and Fruity Loops (Image-Line)

Yes there are sites abound on the net with some things like this but sometimes one falls short for the user, and they search on. I do have to admit that as time goes on with the website, much material available for download will be more and more user generated. So its not just me, my staff, and the djs on my radio station that would supply the audio within the sites pages. It would also be YOU, the members of the site.

So why am i posting this?
    Simple really. I realized a long time ago that when building any website where content becomes user generated, its ALWAYS best to get a discussion going from the very same type of people who would be using the site. And in that discussion, many new ideas can be sparked, resulting in many new features being made available.

I can put together a slamming website in a heartbeat, but its just going to be considered CRAZY HOT just by me and thats not fair.

So here is my question folks (cant believe i just used that work a second time this year!)

Reply below and lets diiscuss what youd like to find in the site.
    Also, give out YOUR ideas on how it would be organized.

for example:
    Downloading only by members access

Uploading only by members access (But youll need specific approval to upload) so here the admin needs to assign you as an AUTHOR to the website.

All uploads must be approved before going public (to avoid spamming, hidden links, and non legit audio / info)

Uploads can be:
    drums
    Hats
    Cymbals
    Rhythms

and so on but the really good thing is........ a single user can do simultaneous uploads (3 -4 -5 sounds at a time)
    After the user uploads, they can edit their own upload to assign them to the appropriate category of sound (drums, hats, etc)

The files would include flash / html5 mp3 players so you can hear the audio before downloading it.

welll what do you think so far?
    I have a few ideas on the types of articles to include in a site like this, but i want to broaden it so id like to hear from you as well. Articles anyone?.........

Something like this im not sure id like to have a user forum in but one thing for sure is

SOCIAL NETWORKING CONNECTIVITY:
    Each AUTHOR for the site, when they supply a new upload, it would automatically send a link to their Facebook page as an example.
    Same applies for Twitter.
    Same applies for SoundCloud

ok so how we looking so far?

This sounds awesome!

Maybe also add a melodic section, where users can post things like basslines or synth riffs. With the key it's in shown ofcourse.

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

As lame as this may sound to everyone, a lot of people look up synth presets so I feel like that might be a good thing to add too.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Quote Originally Posted by dubyou View Post
    As lame as this may sound to everyone, a lot of people look up synth presets so I feel like that might be a good thing to add too.
    actually theres two things i need to say about this post
    1) its not lame
    2) i think this is the best idea anyone has thought of since i started putting together ideas a while back.
    Thats actually a spectacular idea.

Let me explain what i am invisioning with it and you tell me if it works the way you have in mind from a USER perspective.

In fruityloops i have a plugin called SIMSYNTH
    i have it setup a certain way (controls, patters, wav shapes, and all its adjustments)
    i can SAVE THE CONTROL settings to a file
    Also i can save the WAV sound it creates with those settings
    Take both files and upload them to the catelog
    The wav sound will be playable +downloadable
    the settings file will be downloadable

As the USER END, you can download both files:
    (Use the wav file as a referance so you know what its supposed to sound like)
    (Import the SimSynth Settings so your SimSynth plugin automatically adjusts correctly to match that sound)

Hows that sound to you my man?

Yeah synth presets is an awesome idea!

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    actually theres two things i need to say about this post
    1) its not lame
    2) i think this is the best idea anyone has thought of since i started putting together ideas a while back.
    Thats actually a spectacular idea.

Let me explain what i am invisioning with it and you tell me if it works the way you have in mind from a USER perspective.

In fruityloops i have a plugin called SIMSYNTH
    i have it setup a certain way (controls, patters, wav shapes, and all its adjustments)
    i can SAVE THE CONTROL settings to a file
    Also i can save the WAV sound it creates with those settings
    Take both files and upload them to the catelog
    The wav sound will be playable +downloadable
    the settings file will be downloadable

As the USER END, you can download both files:
    (Use the wav file as a referance so you know what its supposed to sound like)
    (Import the SimSynth Settings so your SimSynth plugin automatically adjusts correctly to match that sound)

Hows that sound to you my man?
    Yeah sorry guys, its just a tad bit of a controvertial topic. I'm glad you guys agree, some people argue that one must "create their own sound" so for those people I added that so that I didnt get blown up with replies stating that. lol.

But anyways, I love the site idea! I havent really had the recources/ time/ commitment to produce, but as I am leaving to college soon, I feel like it would be a good time to start and this site would help out so much.

A few more friendly suggestions: DAW mappings, tutorials on how to get started are always nice to have, and a forum section would be cool like this to reach out for help (specifically for the type of stuff on your site).

Good luck!
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,

Guess ill have to make a good mention and give credit to dubyou on the website when its done about that idea.

@dubyou.
    Yes there will be a forum. very minimal because i dont want it to get too bloated with useless info and a TON of places for you guys to search for answers. Like to try and keep it scaled down in that regard so one cant get lost to easily.
    Blog area, absolutly
    the blog area will consist of

Tutorials - For digital and DAW equipemnt including fruity as well as Cakewalks Sonar + others as i gather more info on them
    Tutorials for Midi equipment
    Tutorials for production fully broken down to how to create a basic drumline, bassline, and even how to adjust for that extra personal touch

Artists - Just some interviews on them but that comes later on because there might be some insight to how they PRODUCE.
    While here at DJTT its more about HOW THEY DJ / PERFORM LIVE

Reviews - on studio kits, and equipment as well as new external gear / hardware.

There will also be some Downloads area available for free music produced my amateurs and bedroom djs who use this site as their tool for production, and performance.

Ok so how we lookin so far?

The site sounds great! Can't wait to see what it looks like! Hope to hear from you soon about a launch date, I want to be sure to subscribe/ become a member.

shouldnt take long for me to build it
    im actually doing it while talkin in this thread. Already started the core files and workings a few days ago.

Only thing that will take time is going to be the initial content for download, sample play, etc.

Other then that, i have a TON of tutorials, and ideas on how to do things in some DAWs as well as studio equipment

One reason i am doing this is for example how here on DJTT there are often questions from newbies (nothing wrong with them being that)
    that really shows how little they know about production, music theory, or even how to use the basics of their own equipment.
    This is not indigenous to DJTT members. I see this on MANY websites over the past dozen years. it gets annoying and it can be a HUGE waste of time.

If this means in the end this all turns into
    A) a place for new producers to gather tools, techniques, and samples to start their first big break album...... great
    B) This ends up being a place where (newbies) can go to actually learn the basics like an online class.... doubly as great.

it would mean something very important for me
    A) I havent wasted all this time learning whati have over the years and can apply it to others for help
    B) i have done my part in giving just a LITTLE bit more then the other sites designed around samples and loops.

Im not trying to make it the next big thing. I just want it to include "whats missing" from the other sites.

Well you'll be set! What's really missing in a lot of these sites is direct assistance, but on a forum/ site with 50000+ members it's kind of hard to pull that off.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast