Help me upgrade my gear! PLEASE HELP !
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default Help me upgrade my gear! PLEASE HELP !

    I currently have a Numark Mixdeck, I know, not the best. I am 15 years old so I am not too serious but I've grown a lot. I live in SF and I just got a gig at the DNA Lounge to open up for Kid Ink. Basically, I NEED an upgrade soon.

    I have picked out some options :

    DDJ SX
    Numark NS7 MK2 (August 2013)
    v7s and a mixer?

    See, I like the DDJ SX because its 4 channel, has a great price and the 16 performance pads. Also it uses the new Serato DJ. I also like the NS7 MK2 because it is the same as the DDJSX but it has the MOTORIZED PLATTERS. Which I absolutely love. But it releases in August and that is a really long wait on 5 months almost. Also, I thought maybe some v7s with a mixer because of the motorized platters? I am not that experienced with hooking up two players to a mixer and using it with my computer because I usually use an all-in-one set up. Also I thought maybe a DDJSX with two v7s (Eventually) if that is possible.

    Please help me. Im confused and annoyed.

    PS. I NEED the motorized platters in my set up. I love scratching and mixing with them. Even some Denon DNS-3000 are okay but you must watch my age and that I don't have too much money ~$1100. Please help me though!



    Anyone who doesnt want to read everything :

    I need a set up with :

    - Motorized Platters
    - 4 channels
    - Uses Serato DJ or Itch
    - Fairly low price (~$1100)
    - Prefer performance pads

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Sounds like you need to go all out, NS7 MkII all the way man...
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Yup. its only one with motorized platters and performance pads.

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard DJMichaelHavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Posts
    72

    Default

    the mkII is a large piece of kit to lug around, then you'll need a flight case to hold it etc etc...

    i just googled that place, they should have a mixer available and everything you need on hand, would just need like timecode CDs or Vinyl since you scratch and you lappy +stuff

    quick question tho, correct me if im wrong but doesn't san fran have a pretty strict curfew? and its illegal to be a minor in a bar after like 10pm out here in Dallas, and Im pretty sure san fran has the same city ordinance that no club in their right mind would break for a booking....

    make sure that place knows your age, because thats one hell of a fine which would buy you an entire rig + a benzo if you got the heat for being in there

  5. #5
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Culture_Shock View Post
    Sounds like you need to go all out, NS7 MkII all the way man...
    Quote Originally Posted by pbcrazy9898 View Post
    Yup. its only one with motorized platters and performance pads.
    Yeah, I like the NS7 MKII but it comes out in August... which is quite far because I'll be getting summer gigs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJMichaelHavok View Post
    the mkII is a large piece of kit to lug around, then you'll need a flight case to hold it etc etc...

    i just googled that place, they should have a mixer available and everything you need on hand, would just need like timecode CDs or Vinyl since you scratch and you lappy +stuff

    quick question tho, correct me if im wrong but doesn't san fran have a pretty strict curfew? and its illegal to be a minor in a bar after like 10pm out here in Dallas, and Im pretty sure san fran has the same city ordinance that no club in their right mind would break for a booking....

    make sure that place knows your age, because thats one hell of a fine which would buy you an entire rig + a benzo if you got the heat for being in there
    The NS7 MKII is massive, but it is nice to have. And that place, there are two DJs. Its hard to explain because my friends are making music, so they are performing their music so I am their DJ and the other DJ is for Kid Ink. Kind of confusing.

    Anyways, I was thinking, can I get a DDJSX and then some how hook up a V7 to the 3rd channel? Or, is that not possible. Because that is the best way in my mind.

    And I have no clue about the curfew, but I'm only on for an hour or two, and they know.

  6. #6
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Any more thoughts?

  7. #7
    Tech Guru johney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    706

    Default

    i think what he was getting at was that you don't have to lug your controller around seeing as they have a mixer, CDJs and TTs, but you can just bring your laptop (and soundcard i guess) and use the stuff they have to control your software via Timecodes

    or do you absolutely need to use the controller?

  8. #8
    Tech Guru johney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    706

    Default

    i think what he was getting at was that you don't have to lug your controller around seeing as they have a mixer, CDJs and TTs, but you can just bring your laptop (and soundcard i guess) and use the stuff they have to control your software via Timecodes

    or do you absolutely need to use the controller?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •