Want to work with Vinyl but use my S2 as a Mixer.

Default Want to work with Vinyl but use my S2 as a Mixer.

I want to upgrade from my S2 Jog Wheels to vinyl for scratching.
    Is it possible to keep the S2 as a Mixer and use Ean's S2 mapping to use the Jog Wheels as FX units and have two turntables control decks A & B. If so how and what do I need to do this ?
    Or would I have to try an sell my S2 (they aren't worth much used in my experience) and have to buy the Z2 or S4 to do this ?
    I'm looking for the most cost effective method right now as I need to upgrade a few other things in my setup (speakers for house parties and a new laptop).
    -Note I also have a F1 if that changes anything.

Tech Guru

The S2 has no inputs so you'd need to buy a Traktor Scratch Interface package like the Traktor Audio 6 or 10.

You can also buy an Audio 4 or 8 second hand but they may or may not come with the Scratch license, which can be bought separately from NI.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I want to upgrade from my S2 Jog Wheels to vinyl for scratching.
    Is it possible to keep the S2 as a Mixer and use Ean's S2 mapping to use the Jog Wheels as FX units and have two turntables control decks A & B. If so how and what do I need to do this ?
    Or would I have to try an sell my S2 (they aren't worth much used in my experience) and have to buy the Z2 or S4 to do this ?
    I'm looking for the most cost effective method right now as I need to upgrade a few other things in my setup (speakers for house parties and a new laptop).
    -Note I also have a F1 if that changes anything.
    do you already have traktor scratch?... I have TSPA6 that is only a month old that I do not need. I could give you a good deal... I have way too much gear right now.....1200s, s4, 05 pro, 07 pro, TSPx2, ttm-57sl, etc, etc... I bought TSPA6 in mid jan 2013
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

I've been working on doing that (and then gave up and sold my S2 to my boyfriend and bought an S4) so here's where I made it.

It is apparently possible to do it. You're probably gonna have to do some mapping. You will definitely need Traktor Scratch Pro 2. Make sure it is the 2 because the 1 doesn't support the S2. You'll need to do some mapping. If you want, I'm getting my S4 tonight and TSP2 to upgrade my license of TsP1 and I'll let you know how that works and because my S2 is still around the house (gotta love having a boyfriend who wants to DJ as well, 2 controllers: WIN), I'll be able to test it out. I'll let you know what to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s