Second pair headphones
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Second pair headphones

So I'm going to buy some Allen Heath XD2 - 53
    And I was wondering if when I'm going to a gig I really need to take some second pair of headphones since if my Allen Heaths break I won't be able to beatmatch and that would ruin my night.
    What do you think?
    And which would be some nice and cheap secoond pair of headphones?

The Allen & Heath xone 92 head phones work really well. Cost 200.00 + 2 year warranty.

I just purchased some cheap pioneer head phones for 99.99 + 2 year warranty. Not as loud or comfortable as the A&H but they get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    The Allen & Heath xone 92 head phones.....
    WTF are they?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Oops! I mean the Allen & heath xone 52's. Super comfy, sturdy, amazing all around. A++
    The only cool thing I like about my Pioneer hdj-500 is it comes wireless, you plug the wire into the left ear then into your mixer or laptop. They include two wires. A standard wire and a curly bungie wire. I use the bungie wire since it's stretchy obviously. The 92 is a mixer lolol, that was a noob mistake. Anyways I purchased my xone 52 headphones from guitar center but looks like they don't have them on the website and I didn't see them at the store.

If you can go buy some head phones this weekend or next week. Any item over 199.99 you get a 15% off discount. So you can get a solid pair of head phones 199.99 then deduct 75 dollars from that. You get them for 125.00 I just got a mixer and headphones and saved 75 so go get that discount lol. Presidents day & memorial day Guitar Center does fat discounts on items. Good luck dude!
    Last edited by hola amigos; 02-16-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Tech Mentor

He already has the XD2-53's though?

I would be buying the Sennheiser HD 25's. That's what I have, the XD2's and the HD 25's. Both are great headphones.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

To be honest the xd2-53s are my favorite head phones. I should have not returned them. I didn't read that you already have a pair. For a second pair, not sure. You could try the ones I own. The Pioneer hdj-500 so far they are holding up. Had them one day now lol. Check out reviews online, go to guitar center and ask them their opinion.

I saw on ebay they have the xd2-53s for 60.00 but you got to win the "bid" people can raise the bid and basically you got to out bid out the top buyer. Ebay's got excellent deals on gear. People at guitar center told me the American Audio Hp700 Head phones were good also. They got the same exact look as the xd2-53's. 69.99 is the price.
    Last edited by hola amigos; 02-16-2013 at 04:05 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    To be honest the xd2-53s are my favorite head phones. I should have not returned them. I didn't read that you already have a pair. For a second pair, not sure. You could try the ones I own. The Pioneer hdj-500 so far they are holding up. Had them one day now lol. Check out reviews online, go to guitar center and ask them their opinion.

I saw on ebay they have the xd2-53s for 60.00 but you got to win the "bid" people can raise the bid and basically you got to out bid out the top buyer. Ebay's got excellent deals on gear. People at guitar center told me the American Audio Hp700 Head phones were good also. They got the same exact look as the xd2-53's. 69.99 is the price.

Yesterday I tried the Pioneer hdj-500 and I loved them really bass heavy.
    But my only concern is if they isolate well enough so I can beatmatch in a night club (vey loud environment) without problems.
    I like the Allen Heath xone xd2 53 but I think the pio's Hdj 500 look better.

I really don't know which I should buy.
    If I buy the allen's I probably won't have the money to buy a second pair to have in case something goes wrong, but if I buy the Pio's probably I buy two pairs of Hdj-500.

What do you guys think I should do?

i presume you just want a cheap 2nd pair?

bang for buck get the
    Sennheiser HD 205-II Headphones
    A09KG.jpg

for price they perform great...

I never ever take 2 headphones to a gig. I think it's a bit strange, to be honest. I mean, the chances that your headphones will break right before a gig, are so small.

Few weeks ago i forgot to pack my headphones (silly me), I asked the dj who played before me if i could borrow his headphones. It was no problem. Just my 2 cents.

And if you really want to have a 2nd pair, i would go for a cheap solution, like MRG12EG suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Duque View Post
    Yesterday I tried the Pioneer hdj-500 and I loved them really bass heavy.
    But my only concern is if they isolate well enough so I can beatmatch in a night club (vey loud environment) without problems.
    I like the Allen Heath xone xd2 53 but I think the pio's Hdj 500 look better.

I really don't know which I should buy.
    If I buy the allen's I probably won't have the money to buy a second pair to have in case something goes wrong, but if I buy the Pio's probably I buy two pairs of Hdj-500.

What do you guys think I should do?
    You got my vote, two pairs of the Pioneer Hdj-500. They do a good job of isolation, my brother will come out of the bedroom and start talking to me. All I see is his mouth moving and can't hear what he's saying. Never tried them out in a club though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast