It's OFFICIAL ! Music is Run By Retards Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default It's OFFICIAL ! Music is Run By Retards Now

Beatport #1 on the TECH HOUSE chart this week: http://www.beatport.com/track/imprin...al-mix/4056922

Beatport #2 on the TECH HOUSE chart this week: http://www.beatport.com/track/still-...ub-mix/4111881

CAN WE STOP THIS F$%KING INSANITY !!!!

These two tracks CANNOT both be tech house !

WTF?

We are becoming a bunch of retards.

>

glad im not the only one to notice this

Who really cares what it's labeled? House/tech house/deep house all tend to bleed together. If you like it. Buy it. Voice your opinion with your dollars.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I gave up on beatport genres a long time ago...

What the hell is Beatport?

same with trance and progressive house. beatport genres have been pretty unreliable for a while now. sadly they happen to have the biggest selection.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Who really cares what it's labeled? House/tech house/deep house all tend to bleed together. If you like it. Buy it. Voice your opinion with your dollars.
    what kind of response is that? when i am digging in the section for "GENRE X" i don't want to have to dig throught tracks from "GENRE Y&Z".

Tech Guru

Why on earth are you even looking at beatport top 10 charts in the 1st place? Its the first port of call for the lazy, mundane DJ.

The only way to use beatport these days, IMO, is the label search.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Why on earth are you even looking at beatport top 10 charts in the 1st place? Its the first port of call for the lazy, mundane DJ.

The only way to use beatport these days, IMO, is the label search.
    +1

Labels -> Artists I like -> DJs Charts

That's how I browse. The genres, top 10's etc have been useless for a long time.

Sadly , I think I found the answer.

Let's say you are a Trance producer, but Trance is "not in style" these days.

You finish a Trance track and you label it as Progressive House because all the kids will jump to that genre filter.

Beatport doesn't give a rats ass. "Hey. You are the guy who made the track. You say it's Progressive House, fine with me. I make the 40% either way."

So know that everybody's a DJ, the knuckleheads go searching through the Progressive House charts and BAM! "This track is cool."

Next Saturday they are dropping a Trance track in the Progressive House set at the frat house blowout.

>

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    +1

Labels -> Artists I like -> DJs Charts

That's how I browse. The genres, top 10's etc have been useless for a long time.
    I never search that way. Artists and Labels sway like a VU meter. I do "follow" my favorite labels and artists, but the are very inconsistent.

I have to go deep into the TOP 100, and then deep into random from there, to find gold.

Very frustrating.

>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast