CDJ HID mode with traktor 2.6 issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

It's impossible to use internal mixing with this setup. Both decks must go through the CDJs separately.

Are you sure either CDJ has not been selected as the Output Device in OSX? If it has, it will stop the CDJ from appearing within the aggregated device. I can see from the screenshot that one CDJ has been set as a clock source so this may be interfering with sound output.
    Last edited by makar1; 02-24-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Are you sure either CDJ has not been selected as the Output Device in OSX? If it has, it will stop the CDJ from appearing within the aggregated device. I can see from the screenshot that one CDJ has been set as a clock source so this may be interfering with sound output.

I'm not sure either CDJ has been selected as OUtput device in OSX, where would I found out, how would i tell? If it is not in the screen shot above I have no idea where else to look.

I will try removing the clock source too.

NB: when I allowed the pioneer aggregator to set me up it looked exactly the same, but it also set one of the CDJs as "resampling". Do you know if this is needed or what it does?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
    Thanks for this. So Pioneers instructions are incorrect and misleading. This is good to know even if it doesn't have an affect as it implies I cannot trust their instructions at all
    To be fair to pioneer, those instructions were correct when the cdj900 came out, traktor used the standard HID setting. Since then NI developed the advanced HID and the setup is now slightly different.

Tech Wizard

OK, that's good knowledge DJ Bob. Thanks for keeping me up to date.

Any idea why Pioneer used Traktor as their Pictorial example while explaining HID mode for CDJ850s, even though CDJ850s do not support HID in traktor at all?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
    OK, that's good knowledge DJ Bob. Thanks for keeping me up to date.

Any idea why Pioneer used Traktor as their Pictorial example while explaining HID mode for CDJ850s, even though CDJ850s do not support HID in traktor at all?
    Serato added HID support long before Traktor, and the 850s are supported in Serato.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Wizard

eyes wide open now!

I just got a free upgrade to Serato DJ as I am also own a NS6 with ITCH.

I've just been googling "Serato DJ HID CDJ" and similar search terms but all I find is links to HID on Serato Live.

Will I get HID on Serato DJ for my CDJ 850s?

Can still stick to traktro for the 900s if not but would be nice to have all the options available for teaching purposes.

Tech Guru

HID should work fine on Serato with your 850s, and on Traktor with the 900s.

I think you may need Scratch Live though...
    http://serato.com/forum/discussion/893629

Are you still having any problems with the setup?

Tech Wizard

I still havent got the 900s working no, but the main reason being I only get on those decks once a week for a few hours before a saturday gig. I have new things to try following your posts so fingers crossed this weekend I'll sort it.

I haven't got the 850s working but now I know why and am researching if serato DJ will work with them.

FYI - I actually have 4 pairs of cdjs, all different models, plus 2 pairs of technics 1210s, a few belt drive decks, a couple of midi controllers (including my fav NS6) and a couple of Macbook Pros with various software. In addition to my gigs I teach skills to young people and I am trying to get up to date on all the options available to them as first time buyers of DJ gear. SO there is no rush in me working these setups out, they just help me to help my students.
    ...and so you are helping the next gen of DJs makar, nice 1.

Tech Guru

Also been teaching beginners recently, hopefully more sessions coming up soon

Tech Wizard

I don't want to get offtopic coz this thread is nice and clear for users with the same issues mine.

but - yeah, teaching is rewarding innit?

I've been doing it for about 8 years. Taught posh kids, poor kids, good kids, bad kids, deaf kids, kids with learning difficulties, kids with special needs, kids with behaviour difficulties, young offenders, you name it, I've taught it. If you ever want to hit me up for any teaching tips etc just PM me.

My sites:

http://djworkshops.com
    http://djschooluk.org.uk, although - this one is pretty new and doesn't have pics of the premises yet. Pics are on FB - facebook/djschooluk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast